Search results

1. Svierregger

Toto TSU99A.X vs Korky 528GT fill valve?

I happened to have the same question so I called Toto and they confirmed the TSU99A.X is the same as the Korky 528GT. That's helpful since the 528GT is widely available and the TSU99A.X must be ordered. Running out to Home Depot now. Cheers
  2. Svierregger

PE riser in fire pit?

How would that work on a finished patio? All the fire pit pictures I can find show the riser/stub coming up in the fire pit. The riser is steel above ground so why can't the stub come up into the void under the burner pan? The riser manufacturers list fire pits as one of the applications of...
  3. Svierregger

PE riser in fire pit?

They are using Continental products - affiliated with Gastite. The rigid risers they used at the meter and at the manifold are the approved PE risers. Is there any drawback to using a Conflex flexible riser to come up in the fire pit? A flexible riser would make it easier to maneuver in...
  4. Svierregger

PE riser in fire pit?

Update: plumber called and said they messed up on the copper size so they are going to pull it out. They are going to go ahead and run 1" PE from the manifold to the fire pit. That gives me plenty of BTU at low pressure and the peace of mind that the gas line will probably outlive me.
  5. Svierregger

PE riser in fire pit?

Copper can corrode. Copper.org is a good reference for things that can cause copper gas lines to degrade. From their site: The majority of the literature available on the causes of soil-side corrosion of copper tube is based, for the most part, on the corrosiveness of the soil and backfill...
  6. Svierregger

PE riser in fire pit?

I am having a permitted new gas line run to my existing patio fire pit. Plumber used 3/4" PE to get around the house but said PE was unsuitable for a fire pit due to heat. He used copper from a new manifold area, in a trench that will be under the patio, to the fire pit. He didn't sleeve the...
  7. Svierregger

Shower - Plumbing Moen 3/4 valves with 1/2 inch water supply

We are renovating a shower with only two fixtures - a 2.5 gpm +- Moen Velocity rain shower head and a 2.5 gpm bar-mounted hand held spray. 3/4 inch water lines run to within about 10 feet of the shower, then step down to 1/2 inch hot and cold to the shower. We are using Moen 3371 3/4...
  8. Svierregger

Outdoor patio sump with decorative grate

Hi - we made the mistake of installing a French drain (36"x36x"x36" gravel filled pit) under our 600sf slab/mortared flagstone semi-covered patio. The patio is a walk out from the basement, but is actually about 20" below grade (two steps up onto adjacent pool deck). The existing French drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks