Search results

1. JohnnyO

Resin replacement - re-use old gravel? Some old resin stuck to it

Greetings, I'm replacing the resin in my water softener. Currently I've got 15 pounds of gravel. I tried to rinse it out as best I could, but there is some (a couple handfuls?) of old resin mixed in with the gravel. Is it OK to use that, or will that small amount of old resin cause issues...
  2. JohnnyO

Low water pressure - Fleck 7000 SXT

Greetings all, I've had my Fleck 7000 SXT-based water softener for about 7.5 years now. I installed it in April 2013 after advice from here and others. Over the last few days my wife and I noticed reduced water pressure -- especially noticeable when running a faucet and flushing a toilet...
  3. JohnnyO

New shower enclosure leaks at wall / base

Greetings, I recently replaced (with help) an old shower enclosure with fiberglass rear surround for a glass-wall surround with tile against the walls. The Vigo unit was installed and caulked with silicone caulk per the instructions: - Inside between the side walls and the side seal...
  4. JohnnyO

Pressure Reducing Valve: Bad?

Reading up on household water pressure, it seems the 90-95 showing on my PRV is too high. I'm assuming the pressure shown as actually post-reduction, and not the street pressure, but I can't find any reference to this Wilkins Model 70 value that also shows the attached gauge, so I'm not...
  5. JohnnyO

Double-Check my Softener Sizing?

Greetings, First off, thanks to all who donate their time and experience in this forum. I've been reading voraciously for the last week, and have gained a fair bit of insight. I'm looking to replace a tired, old Sears Kenmore Deluxe Demand water softener (625.348591). From what I'm reading...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks