Search results

1. CleanSC

Rats in DWV System

I'm on sewer in Miami FL on an old slab on an grade house with a new PVC DWV system. And there's an orgy of rodents under my house. A loud, raucous rat gang-bang and it's unsettling. When I was younger and ignorant, an open shower lateral gifted me a family of rats free domain to my attic. A...
  2. CleanSC

Kitchen Island on Slab: AAV Location

Fellas. I have a reconfigured kitchen island which now has been plumbed for a small prep sink. The stub-out is a few cabinets away (but under 5 feet) from the sink cabinet but is accessible via a chase for access to the other workings inside the island. This house is on a concrete slab on...
  3. CleanSC

No Love for Hybrid Water Heaters...

Fellas! I need a water heater for my home in hot, sunny Florida. No gas available in the garage so it will be electric. I had read so many good things on the heat pump/hybrid models but man there is a dislike for them on here when I came on to check. Are they that bad still? I understand...
  4. CleanSC

1970's American Standard Shower Valve ID

Fellas! I have a leaky shower (possible American Standard) with some worn out handles so I'm looking to replace the handles, stems, seats, etc. I think I need the 405513 or 404305 kit for this from my research, but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm what style this is and what handle kits are...
  5. CleanSC

Moving Closet Flange in Slab 1.5" to Correct Rough-In and Offset

Okay fellas. Unfortunately I don't have pictures, I'd have to remove my new toilet again for that. And if necessary, I can. Here's the issue. I replaced a 43 year old toilet yesterday with a TOTO Drake II with 12" rough-in. My house is a 1971 build on a concrete slab in Miami with cast iron...
  6. CleanSC

Which Electric Tank WH Rheem Model at Home Depot? Model Breakdowns Inside

Morning fellas. I searched for this but oddly no takers... I purchased a house that has a Titan electric tankless unit (ugh) installed in place of the original tank water heater. The extent of the electrical upgrade was changing the breaker from 30 to 60 amps. The original 10 gauge wire...
  7. CleanSC

Converting Shower Stall for Laundry Service

Afternoon, fellas. House is a 1971 slab on grade build in Miami FL. DWV is CI. Supplies in copper. I have an originally installed shower in the garage that's not needed. I'd like to stack my laundry in it instead. The shower has been demo'd down to studs and slab on grade. I have a 2"...
  8. CleanSC

Cast Iron Drain Pipe: Should it stay or should it go?

Hello TL! Was sent your way via the JB forum. I'm redoing a shower and underlying plumbing issues have sent me here for advice from you guys. The house: 1971 build in Miami, FL on slab on grade. The issue. I have a 2" CI drain from a walk-in shower stall that was cracked. I have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks