Search results

1. CleanSC

No Love for Hybrid Water Heaters...

OP here... I finally ended up getting one, and from my understanding, Rheem is constantly changing these and improving them. The early models had their issues but they are several generations in at this point (this year brought a new version, again) and they are pretty solid. Mine is not very...
  2. CleanSC

Rats in DWV System

I'm on sewer in Miami FL on an old slab on an grade house with a new PVC DWV system. And there's an orgy of rodents under my house. A loud, raucous rat gang-bang and it's unsettling. When I was younger and ignorant, an open shower lateral gifted me a family of rats free domain to my attic. A...
  3. CleanSC

Kitchen Island on Slab: AAV Location

I'd like to start ordering fittings tomorrow, does the above diagram show everything correctly? Anything to add or change? Thanks, all!
  4. CleanSC

Thanks, fellas. I've taken all your suggestions and revised the diagram. How's this look? Thanks!
  5. CleanSC

Good ideas! So that stack will be a busy place, 2 santees, a clean out and the aav on top and a standpipe right next to it. I'll draw up a new diagram tomorrow. Is there a minimum size of pipe for the standpipe? The smaller the better in this case as it's getting tight in there, hah...
  6. CleanSC

The machine has a drain pump, but those always break so a gravity solution would be nice but the whole setup would have to be above the slab. So I'm SOL there unless we can squeeze all that into 4" off the floor. ;) I was thinking of just pumping it into the disposer's dishwasher drain...
  7. CleanSC

Thanks, Reach. This is a first: a diagram I get right on the first try! Hell I must be learning something around here. ;) Yes, I somehow had in my head that 5 feet was the longest trap arm distance which is why I had mentioned we were well under that. Looks like I can go as high as 8...
  8. CleanSC

Fellas. I have a reconfigured kitchen island which now has been plumbed for a small prep sink. The stub-out is a few cabinets away (but under 5 feet) from the sink cabinet but is accessible via a chase for access to the other workings inside the island. This house is on a concrete slab on...
  9. CleanSC

Good point! If the box is truly unopened as described and everything looks good (they'll let me open it to check for damage), including the warranty card, I think it's a good risk to take. Thanks for the vote!
  10. CleanSC

I found an AO Smith 50 gallon hybrid unit (the Lowes one) for $500 locally brand new in the box. I'm assuming no warranty but at almost the price of a standard tank, worst case it's back to resistance heater? Seems worth a look, no?
  11. CleanSC

I found a scratch and dent in the box ProE40 for $275 on Craigslist. I'm assuming no warranty but for a standard mechanical unit at that price, who needs it? Getting them serviced is a PITA from what I read anyway. Has the brass valve, unlike the Home Depot versions. Maybe a good idea?
  12. CleanSC

Rheem Home Depot quality same as plumbing supply house?

Hey ruthjr18, any updates to this since, and what you recommend to someone else looking to do about the same you did? Thanks!
  13. CleanSC

Ok I'm reviving this thread as I am about to pull the trigger on this hybrid unit. I've read the latest reviews and some are positive and we have one that exploded in Florida on this forum. I'm now debating if to just get a 40-gallon standard tank ($359) or splurge to the hybrid at $1,169...
  14. CleanSC

No fancy shower. I'll put a hand shower in there with the typical 2.5 gpm. The tub actually is larger than the standard tub but not by much. I'll take some measurements to get an idea. Wife will soak sometimes but she only fills the tub to a depth of 8 to 10 inches.
  15. CleanSC

Thanks, Dana. To clarify, the proposed 50-gallon unit will serve the master bath, kitchen and laundry only. So I think the 50-gallon should be sufficient. The other full bath has it's own 40-gallon standard water heater. (Split bedroom plan house)
  16. CleanSC

Ah, I knew I forgot something. My rates. This is for FPL in South Florida. (No subsidies here) First 1,ooo kWh = $0.0875 After 1,000 kWh = $0.10769 Last 12 months looked like so: 6 months just over 1,000 kWh. 6 months under 1,000 kWh. Yearly average is 1,268 kWh per month. (This should go...
  17. CleanSC

Fellas! I need a water heater for my home in hot, sunny Florida. No gas available in the garage so it will be electric. I had read so many good things on the heat pump/hybrid models but man there is a dislike for them on here when I came on to check. Are they that bad still? I understand...
  18. CleanSC

1970's American Standard Shower Valve ID

I finally got the diverter stem out. See pic for what worked. After having the stem in my hand I think the correct kit for me is the Kissler RBK4110. Is this brand any good? Is there a better set from another more reputable supplier? Thanks, all!
  19. CleanSC

1970's American Standard Shower Valve ID

So I have been able to remove the hot and cold stems but the diverter is ON there. I'm still working on that but here's a picture of the other stem. Any pointers on removing the stuck diverter? Is there a preferred place on here to buy the kit for this shower? Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks