Search results

1. donl1150

Watts recirculating pump question

Ahhh ha. Is it really necessary? Why not remove and just set the water heater to desired temp? Code?
  2. donl1150

Watts recirculating pump question

Our new Florida patio home has the water heater in the garage. It takes about 70 seconds for hot water to reach the kitchen sink. I would like to remedy that by installing a Watts recirculating pump on the water heater with an associated mixing valve under the sink. However, I don’t...
  3. donl1150

Hydronic radiant in floor heat temps?

No resistance strips in the plenum. Strictly propane fired. There is, of course, a distribution line from the heat pumps to the plenum when in the A/C mode.
  4. donl1150

Thanks for your help Dana! This confirms my thinking that I had a pretty darn efficient system. It's only on the coldest days that the propane forced air system kicks in to help out. Back to my original question, I did talk to the installer (I am not the original owner of the house) and he...
  5. donl1150

My GSHP is on a dual rule rate. My 12 month useage/$ for the period 9/1/17 to 8/31/18 was 17,235 Kwh / $1,166 for .068/Kwh. This is the amount to run the heat pumps, the floor distribution pumps & domestic hot woter. It also includes A/C in the summer months. My general useage bill was in...
  6. donl1150

All of this has now gotten me to thinking,…… is there a web site out there somewhere that will run an analysis that would determine which heating system would be more economical to run. My geothermal heat pumps - OR - the backup up propane fired forced air furnace.

Obviously, I would need to...
  7. donl1150

My mistake…..the units are 4 ton and 3 ton. As I thought, “it depends”. I just measured the water temps at the 4 ton unit while in operation. The water supply temp IN from the well is 45.5 F and water supply OUT to the dump zone is 36.8 F. The hot water TO the storage tank is 113.5 F and...
  8. donl1150

I live in northern Minnesota in a 3,000 SF timber frame one story rambler style home. I have 2 pump & dump FHP geo units - one 6 ton & one 7 ton. There is a 4 foot concrete floor crawl space for all utilities. The flooring in the house is a combination wood, carpeting and ceramic tile. I am...
  9. donl1150

Indoor sauna causing humidity issues

I have an oversized attached 2 car garage. It is heated via in-floor radiant and is fully insulated with sheet rock walls and ceiling. There are 2 small double hung windows and 2 insulated service doors. Last spring, I built a small sauna in the garage. It is built on a 12” raised platform...
  10. donl1150

Garbage disposal - what's the very best?

Not exactly on topic but somewhat related......what are your thought on using a disposal when you have a septic tank? OK or not OK?
  11. donl1150

Using plastic PEX with brass fixtures

In this case, the brass threads are on a Delta shower diverter valve. The plastic PEX fitting is a female to CTS.
  12. donl1150

Using plastic PEX with brass fixtures

I am wondering if I need to use teflon tape on the threads of a brass fixture when connecting to a female plastic PEX connector? or vice versa.... Thanks Don
  13. donl1150

Not sure of all the necessary components for my shower project

I am building a sauna which will have running water. I am planning on having 2 rain shower heads plus 1 handheld spay. I want the ability to run only one device at a time. I am not quite sure of all the components I need to accomplish but I believe I need the following: Delta R10000-UNBX...
  14. donl1150

Do I need to vent a sauna floor drain?

Thanks....not concerned about any cool drafts from down there either. After all, this will be a sauna @ 120F or so. On top of the concrete floor, I plan on a removable 1x2 wooden lattice type structure so you walk on wood rather than concrete or tile.
  15. donl1150

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Doubt any foul smell from that crawl space drain.....never has been one & I get down there on a regular basis.
  16. donl1150

I am about to build a sauna room inside my heated garage. The space is currently occupied by a utility sink which will be removed. The sauna will have a rain forest shower inside. The existing utility sink drain line will be used for the floor drain in the sauna. See the attached pdf for...
  17. donl1150

Retrofit to create HW Recirc system?

Retrofit to create HW recirc system? (auto correct changed it on me)
  18. donl1150

Retrofit to create HW Recirc system?

We recently moved into a 7 year old single story home. It is quite long (110') one end to the other with bedrooms at both ends. The primary water heater is in the center of the home in a closet. There is also a small water heater in the crawl space at one end of the house. The bed/bath room...
  19. donl1150

Toro 53709 valve won't close

Well, I took the valve body apart, cleaned it up and tried again. Still won't shut off. I did just replace the solenoid only. I then took it apart again and this time discovered a tiny pebble, about 1/16" in diameter. Got that out and now it shuts off except one small 1/4 round fixed spray...
  20. donl1150

Toro 53709 valve won't close

Trying to get yet the system fired up for the year. Got all zones working except one. Replaced the solenoid and it still won't shut properly. Have not unscrewed to get to the diaphragm but is that the likely cause it won't shut off? Some debris stuck in there perhaps? Other possibilities...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks