Search results

1. SmallSea

Easiest way to deal with a corroded drain at floor slab?

Our house was originally constructed in 1957 with a mix of galvanized and cast iron for drain pipes. In 1970 the previous owner did some remodeling and used copper drain pipes. Now it's our turn to remodel... The photo below shows the drain pipes from our bathrooms and laundry room. We...
  2. SmallSea

Follow-up: how to remove cast iron sink without damaging laminate counter?

I posted here yesterday about my bizarre self-destructing sink. Now we need to get that puppy out without damaging our brand new laminate countertop. The cast iron sink is adhered to the laminate counter with a silicone seal; it's a self-rimming drop-in sink. From my online research, our options...
  3. SmallSea

Our brand new cast iron kitchen sink just... self destructed... help!

Our kitchen sink just started self destructing... what did we do?!? We're remodeling our kitchen and installed an Aqualux brand Bayou model sink from ******* a couple weeks ago. It's cast iron with a white enamel finish. It's a double bowl sink; one bowl is larger and deeper than the other...
  4. SmallSea

Bathtubs: Vikrell vs Americast vs Acrylic vs ???

Hi. My husband and I have been lurking on this site a while - great advice. We're renovating our 1957 split level home, and are working on the bathroom now. We've succesfully smashed up the nasty old cast iron tub, and are ready to install a new bathtub. Our tub alcove measures 30.625 inches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks