Search results

1. mmcgady

Threaded shower drain

I am building a tile shower in my basement. I bought a threaded drain and installed it into the pvc that the original builder left. The threaded drain is one where the top part screws up and down so that you can customize it according to the hight of the tile. I have laid the pre-slope, the...
  2. mmcgady

Gas water heater problem

Well, I dont think the pipes are reversed. The hot feels hot and the cold feels cold when a faucet is running. However at times, the cold pipe into the water heater is warm. Again, it runs with no loss of pressure when the water heater intake valve is turned off. Any clues??
  3. mmcgady

Hot and cold reversed

Bob NH, Thank you. I think you understand the situation. This is gas so there is only one heat source (at the bottom). So if this were done (reversing the lines), would the flow reverse without doing anything mechanical to the water heater itself? Please look at my "water heater problem"...
  4. mmcgady

Hot and cold reversed

Thank you for replying. However, am trying to determine whether or not the plumber who installed the water heater simply mixed up the lines when attaching to the water heater tank. In other words, what would happen of you took a perfectly working hot water heater and switched the lines...
  5. mmcgady

Hot and cold reversed

Can anyone tell me what the symtoms would be if the cold feed line to the water heater were connected to the hot side of the water heater and the hot line serving the fixtures connected to the cold side of the water heater?
  6. mmcgady

Gas water heater problem

OK. No debris from the faucets. I'm begining to think the lines were installed reversed. Here a symtoms: - House was built new in 5/2002 - Gas water heater fed by well. - Upon move-in, the hot water temp was not hot enough. I set the temp close to max. Where it is now. - When I...
  7. mmcgady

Gas water heater problem

In order to test for a dip tube flaw State Industries says to -Turn off the heat (to pilot) -Run a hot water faucet for 5 minutes. -Get a bucket of water from the drain valve The bucket of water should be cool (because a properly working dip tube should put cold water at the bottom of the...
  8. mmcgady

Gas water heater problem

It looks like it says 1998. After reading some more about this, it does sound like a dip tube issue. Thanks for your reply.
  9. mmcgady

Gas water heater problem

My natural gas hot water heater (State Select - model pr650NBRT) has been inconsistent for a couple of years now - but adequate. Today it is now providing almost no hot water. What can I check? The temerature control setting is on high. The flame is working. It comes on after running the...
  10. mmcgady

faucet "off position"

I need to get the valve in the off position before putting the trim on. The trim will go on regardless of the position of the valves. And yes, the trim will only enable 1/4 turn once it is on. I need to know where to position the valve before putting on the trim.
  11. mmcgady

faucet "off position"

No. The head currently has a plug in it. I want to get the valves in the off position so that I can unplug the head to relocate it. Right now, if I unplug the head water will come flowing out (the remodel cannot handle an uncontolled flow at this point). I want to have both valve off before...
  12. mmcgady

faucet "off position"

It has separate controls for each hot and cold. I am just trying to shut off the water going to the shower head so that I can disconnect the line going to the head in order to relocate the head. The plastic piece that turns to shut off the valve will rotate all the way around without...
  13. mmcgady

faucet "off position"

I am installing an American Standard shower. The instructions say to turn the valves to the "off position". "Off is not labeled anywhere on the hardware. Is there a standard way to identify "off positoin"? As I turn the valve, I can barely feel a slight click at a certain point. Is this it...
  14. mmcgady

Watts - Quick-Connect

Why would a plumber not use them for the whole house? The crimp tool is over $100. Does the savings in crimp fittings over quick-connect pay for the tool in the long run?
  15. mmcgady

Watts - Quick-Connect

I am finishing my basement. I have rough in drainage for a full bath. I need to cut into the existing water supply for shower, toilet and sink. The whole house is currently supplied with Pex lines. I want to "tie in" to the Pex with Watts Quick-Connect fittings and continue with Pex for the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks