Search results

1. Rotaris

Expansion tank pressure setting on Well System with Pressure Tank

What would be the proper EXPANSION tank pressure. Pressure switch is set to 40-60. Pressure tank bladder set to 38psi. Reason for needing a Expansion tank now, is the fact that the Iron filter has a check valve. I have tried 40psi on expansion tank, seems to creak and shake too much. I...
  2. Rotaris

New softner set up

Question on salt setting, I just installed a watts generic softner, a4000 resin Clack valve 1 inch. My hardness is 20 grains (yes I have a iron filter) and little manganese. I Do not want to complicate things (I have never owned a softner in 30 years on this well water) . just want to try...
  3. Rotaris

Brine line UP and over and Down

I would prefer to install Brine line for my softner in the same room as softner. The room is small. I need to go up 4 feet over 7 feet then down, approx 6 feet into the back of salt tank. This is a clack WS1 valve Is this o.k. to try and how would I test? New unit, I was thinking 5...
  4. Rotaris

How to re-install riser tube...tips and Tricks

Everytime I remove the head off of my Iron filter tank, the riser tube sticks and lifts my tube up. I have applied some plumbers grease to prevent. Does not help I then have used compressed air down the tube to help re-seat it. Still sticks up a 1/4 inch above the tank. Hope this is o.k...
  5. Rotaris

Iron and Manganese removal with Katalox

High folks, Just tore apart a 5 year old air injection water filter for the first time in 5 years and have some questions regarding cleaning and operation. It is 10x54 Iron pure filter with 4 button clack. Has 1.5 cubic ft of Katalox. Air injection I am not sure of gravel contents because I...
  6. Rotaris

Mixing 316 stainless with Black iron For Natural gas line?

Good Morning everyone! Can I add a stainless steel (316) nipple to my gas line for my on demand hot water heater install today? Easter Sunday here and everything is closed so out of luck with black pipe. All I have are some 3/4-316 stainless nipples. Black is sch 40 and so is the 316 stainless...
  7. Rotaris

Water heater for the "Shop"

Hello Folks I need some help determining what kind of water heater to install in my shop. Natural gas is piped in to boiler and Tee installed so this is power source. Electric is not even in my mind...Cost to run? Venting can only be side wall. 5 foot run. Indirect off my boiler (Floor heat)...
  8. Rotaris

ABS water closet "Knock Out" what a pain..........

Hello all. Newbie here so go easy on me:) Being a perfectionist and a complete amateur, I have a question regarding the Knock-out of a 4x3 Abs toilet flange. I do believe it will take me longer to remove the knockout than install the whole bathroom. Couple questions: 1. I am not clear on how...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks