Search results

1. ClassicTVMan1981

Kohler Niedecken, Need information on very old shower mixing valve

This Niedecken mixer you have would date between 1948-1963 going by the faceplate design. I say the last Niedecken was produced in 1979 or 1980. ~Ben
  2. ClassicTVMan1981

Questions About Tub/Shower Faucets

I have questions about certain tub/shower faucets... 1. While I know two-handle and three-handle tub/shower faucets aren't code-compliant today, when they were permissible, which of the two or three configurations seemed to work best, and which of these configurations was more ancient? (a)...
  3. ClassicTVMan1981

Choices, Choices...

When it comes to choosing a new (or used) tub/shower faucet, there are several choices out there, but which of these are the most trouble-free? There are combination tub/shower valves that have the following features: * Single-handle or two-handle units; tub filler with pull-up or pull-down...
  4. ClassicTVMan1981

How to Read American Standard Date Codes in Tanks?

Does anyone know which of the two numbers inside of a vintage American Standard toilet tank I should pay attention to, as to knowing exactly how old that tank is? These tanks are often seen on some older bowls, since the bowl designs themselves remain unchanged for several decades. For example...
  5. ClassicTVMan1981

1981 American Standard Cadet with 4083 Tank?

My 1984 Plebe at my home. I'm really hoping to replace this with a 1983 Cadet 2120, 2109 or 2108. Is it true that A/S really made any 4083 tanks in 1981? ~Ben
  6. ClassicTVMan1981

American Standard Toilet Questions

Here's my 1984 Plebe. Date stamp inside of the tank is "FEB 10 4." ~Ben
  7. ClassicTVMan1981

1981 American Standard Cadet with 4083 Tank?

This American Standard toilet (not mine, BTW), supposedly a Cadet model 2120, has a 4083 tank with a date stamp of "MAR 21 1" inside the tank (watch closely around 0:06), which leads me to believe this tank was made March 21, 1981. Most people posit the 4083 tank was not available until the...
  8. ClassicTVMan1981

American Standard Toilet Questions

While I understand that American Standard had produced its 4049 tank from 1962 to 1981 (let me know if you have a 4049 made in 1982 or 1983), could you please find out when did AS first put water-saving equipment into it, and which were the first models to do so? My 1969 AS price list catalogs...
  9. ClassicTVMan1981

I need help with a Flushometer toilet?

Please allow me to chime in on this situation. The bowl is the same part number (K-4310-ET), regardless of the original setup (K-3860-ET flushometer; K-3860-EB tank). He will need to look for a Kohler Winslow tank model #K-4502-A. The spud size will be different between flushometer and tank...
  10. ClassicTVMan1981

Delta Mix / Scald-Guard - No Volume Adjustment?

It would seem to me that, unless I am missing something, none of the Delta classic-design bath valves in the Mix and Scald-Guard series have any volume adjustment. The only "classic design" SG valves with volume adjustment were in the 600 series, all of which were discontinued in the late...
  11. ClassicTVMan1981

Need Help Identifying Tub Faucet, Delta ScaldGuard

Right... this was the old Delta-Mix 1600 series valve from the mid 1970s-'80s. These could be had with or without Scald-Guard depending on the stem valve used (use RP2090 stop stem for Scald-Guard applications). My 1985 Delta Faucet Canada catalog shows this model with this escutcheon...
  12. ClassicTVMan1981

Delta Crystal Knob Questions

Delta recommends using these procedures to maintain the clearness of these knobs: Always blot dry any water from the faucet surface. Allowing water to evaporate on the surface can lead to build up of mineral deposits. Cleaning with a damp, non-abrasive sponge and letting it dry with a clean...
  13. ClassicTVMan1981

Delta Crystal Knob Questions

Happy New Year's Day everybody! My question to kick off 2014 is this: would any of you know what to do to maintain the clearness of any Delta clear knob handle, like the one on my 642 tub/shower faucet? The suggestion that is floating in my head is to use Vaseline around the entire Duralac...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks