Search results

1. Nail24

Necessity of Vacuum Relief Valve - Not Pressure Relief Valve

Don't know. That's why I asked the question. What fails in these valves to make them spew water all over the room?
  2. Nail24

As you can see in the photo this one was installed horizontally. Is that incorrect? Shouldn't it be installed so that it will have an air pocket that is compressed to hold the valve closed rather than water?
  3. Nail24

Won't go after the plumber. He's just complying with what the idiots that aren't plumbers are making him do for the glorious "CODE". Insurance it the issue here. If they find that I have not complied with the "CODE" they walk away even if compliance is going to cost them $60,000.00 in...
  4. Nail24

I just looked at some photos I took and discoverd the the vacuum relief valve is installed below the cold water feed line into the tank. I believe this is incorrect which would not allow an airpocket to be at the valve thereby causing a failure.
  5. Nail24

t This is the first vacuum valve I've seen installed. How didi we ever survive so long? I've got a pressure relief valve on the heater for over pressure. The only benefit I see in this is to give the cleanup industry a job. I fail to see how a collapsing tank could injure anyone.
  6. Nail24

I just had a vacuum relief valve fail and allow water to flood the house. Has this happened before and if so what causes the failure?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks