Search results

1. RGS

Inrush Question: Shallow well jet vs deep well submersible pumps

I've been getting water from a spring via a brook for years with a 1/2 HP shallow well jet pump. Now having to drill a well and switch to a 1/2 deep well jet pump. Depth will probably be about 140'. I'm wondering if there will be much difference between the shallow well and the deep well pumps...
  2. RGS

New water heater came with some water in it

Bought a new electric water heater recently from Home Hardware and haven't taken it out of the carton yet because when moving it onto the back porch I could hear water sloshing around inside. Is this normal that new water heaters come with water already in them? It's still sealed in the carton...
  3. RGS

Shallow Well Jet Pump and Long Run

I have a shallow well jet pump in my cellar bringing water to the house through a 1 1/4" line of PVC from a brook. The rise from the brook to the cellar is about 15' and the total distance is about 225', the last 100' or so being level. It's working fine but I'd like raise the pump to ground...
  4. RGS

Another question: generator power necessary for 1/2 hp pump jet pump

I need to get a generator, primarily to keep water flowing from through our Myers 1/2 hp 110v shallow well jet pump when the power goes out. The generator I'd like to get is the Yamaha EF3000iseb which is rated at 2800 watts continuous and capable of surging to 3500 using its battery. I've...
  5. RGS

Mitsubishi Mr Slim cool air problem

I've had a Mitsubishi Mr Slim MXZ-FE18NA heat pump for several years now as my main heating in Nova Scotia and in general I'm quite happy with it even though I live in an old farmhouse without the best insulation and sealing, but it does have one problem that is annoying and appears to be a...
  6. RGS

And then I saw the Fujitsu

This afternoon visited another installation - this time an 18,000 BTU Fujitsu Halcyon. What a difference. 23 degrees outside with a strong wind blowing out of the northwest- about 10 or 11 with the windchill. The house despite four or five floor to ceiling windows against the wind was warm and...
  7. RGS

Saw a Cheap Chinese 24,000 BTU Mini Split in Operation

Yesterday evening I had the chance to see a cheap (relatively speaking) Chinese 24,000 BTU model (Air Tempo) in operation and I was surprised at how little heating it seemed to be doing. Outside temperature was 32F. The indoor unit was installed in what to me seemed a surprising place: an 8' x...
  8. RGS

Mitsubishi Mini split -should I worry more about enough heat or short cycling?

Wondering between a Mitsubishi Mr Slim MSZ-FE12NA or MSZ-FE18NA which way to go. I have a 170 (approx) year old 1 1/2 story house, post and beam construction built on a stone foundation with a cellar under about 1/3 of the first floor. No south windows. Unheated enclosed porch covers south...
  9. RGS

Will an air to air ductless heat pump on house cause too much vibration?

I'm planning to install a Mitsubishi mini split ductless air to air 18,000 BTU heat pump with the outside unit hung on an outside wall and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this type of installation and can tell me if it will cause too much vibration in the house. Installer says he...
  10. RGS

Emergency Water Tank for Toilet

We have frequent power outages here on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia so I'd like to hook up an emergency water tank for our Toto Drake toilet that we've installed thanks to all the information on this great site. 30 gallons or so should be enough to see us through most outages. There would...
  11. RGS

Will Toto Drake/septic work with no grey water in toilet line to add water?

Thinking about a Toto Drake. It would go on the 2nd floor of my house so there's a 2 story drop from the toilet down the line to the ground and then about 15 feet to a 90 degree turn and another 35 feet or so to the septic tank, gradually downhill all the way. I'm wondering if a 6 litre flush...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks