Search results

1. Tonyscarface

Standard Shower Pan Size Question

Thank you. That's great information.
  2. Tonyscarface

Thanks very much for that, Terry. All taken into consideration. I'd love to push the easy button and do a swap so if anyone can point me in the direction of a source for 48 x 30 (or darn near close), like all information, it's appreciated.
  3. Tonyscarface

My mom's worn-out shower pan appears to be 28" X 48". With the exception of Alibaba, a search of the interwebs reveals no such beast. Can I get this size and if so, where? Thanks for any guidance.
  4. Tonyscarface

4" Toilet Drain Elevation

Thanks Reach 4. I've researched a few options, yours included. Primarily, I'd like to know if right now in its current state there should be 1" above the sub-floor, 1 1/2" above the sub-floor, 1/2" above the sub-floor and so on.
  5. Tonyscarface

My apologies. I failed to note a very important piece of information. The pipe is cast, thus my concern. If necessary, I'd rather cut it now instead of with the floor installed, butchering it later. If I need to cut it now I can easily remove a few planks to gain access. If I need to cut it...
  6. Tonyscarface

I've got a toilet drain (flange removed) sticking out above the 1x8's nailed to my floor joists. At this stage of construction (destruction in reality), how far above this sub-floor should the pipe extend? I know it will ultimately be determined by what I add above the sub-floor but at this...
  7. Tonyscarface

Water closet flange - what would you do?

How about this? Yes. The inside diameter is 4".
  8. Tonyscarface

Thanks for the quick and thorough response Jim. I was looking at a 4" Oatey 42255 165 Cast Iron Flange. I'll assume I need to fill the gap with concrete in order to anchor the flange, but to what height? Will the flange rest at floor level or will the flange rest above tile level. Assuming I...
  9. Tonyscarface

I had/have a rocking toilet. I pulled it and found what you see in the photo except that it had a flange partially soldered to the 4" soil pipe. I easily pulled that off the pipe by hand. The soil pipe is flush with the tile floor. Short of "call a professional plumber", how would you...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks