Search results

1. Amatuer123

Pouring Lead Toilet Flange

Hello, I decided to remove the complete old flange and lead in my concrete basement and have some questions. While hammering the old flange I must have hit the lead? pipe riser and it now has a half inch (from top) hairline crack which is visible on the outside and inside. Don't know if the...
  2. Amatuer123

Sweating Multiple Joints Close Together

Quick question...I've read all the tips on here regarding soldering but need a few on soldering multiple joints that are about an inch apart. I soldered those pictured below one after the other w/ pretty bad results. I basically heated one at a time and then didn't have to heat the next as...
  3. Amatuer123

Cutting Pipe in Shower Base

Dumb question. I had a plumber over and he enlightened me that my drain pipe was lead and he used a caulking iron to seal it by pounding the lead which sealed around the pipe. I need to now cut it flush w/ the concrete as I didn't get a chance to cut it before he started to seal it. Any idea...
  4. Amatuer123

Removing Cast Iron Flange Concrete Floor

I have a question regarding my gameplan to remove the cast iron flange. It must have been installed prior to the concrete as the concrete appears to be flush w/ the flange. A plumber recommended chiseling it out and taking out the lead w/ a drill. I started doing this and noticed that this...
  5. Amatuer123

Shower Fixture Installation Question

Hello, I am installing a shower fixture and I’m trying to ensure I do it properly. Below is a picture. I need to bring the fixture out a bit to accommodate a change in the shower base dimensions. There are galvanized supply pipes coming from the ceiling. I’m attaching a dielectric union...
  6. Amatuer123

DWV Question Concrete Floor

Hello, I have a DWV question regarding a shower base on a concrete floor. It is a 2 inch pipe opening which will be sealed in the shower base. However, the 2 inch pipe does not fit that snugly at the top lip (top Flat section) of the cast iron pipe. I tried a 2 inch hub but that was too...
  7. Amatuer123

All Elbows

Hello, I am installing a shower fixture and I’m trying to ensure I do it properly. Below is a picture. I need to bring the fixture out a bit to accommodate a change in the shower base dimensions. There are galvanized supply pipes coming from the ceiling. I’m attaching a dielectric union...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks