Search results

1. KC27

Hairline Crack in Toilet Tank - Repair or Replace

I have an American Standard Cadet 3 that has been in use for three years. I noticed a hairline crack in the outside of the front-center portion of the tank. The tank is 12" high, and this crack starts at the top and goes down 6". The crack is visible from the inside of the tank, too. Are tanks...
  2. KC27

Natural Gas Pipe Deflection OK?

Had a replacement water heater installed this week. The natural gas is supplied to the heater from a 5' black iron pipe. The pipe deflects downward 3" from the T which feeds the 5' pipe, to the end of the 5' pipe where it connects to the elbow that sends the gas to the water heater. With the...
  3. KC27

Do Anode Changes Extend Heater Life?

Is an replaceable anode rod a "must have" feature when selecting a water heater? I was comparing 50 gallon direct vent natural gas water heaters, and read that on a particular Rheem water heater, the anode is not replaceable. Is that something I should care about? A friend advised me to forget...
  4. KC27

Are Direct Vent Water Heater Always Special Order?

I am looking to replace a 7 year old 50 gallon Bradford White direct vent natural gas water heater like the one shown below. These are special order items at big box stores. Are there any places that typically have a heater like this in stock? When I had the Bradford White installed, the...
  5. KC27

Delta Kitchen Faucet Spout Question

I have a Delta two handle faucet, #2276, with spray that was purchased and installed in 1997. I recently removed the spout to flush the faucet, and when I did, a plastic insert came out of the base of the spout. It looks like a portion of the plastic insert has broken off and is missing. I have...
  6. KC27

Glued In Shower Drain Repair Question

I have a fiberglass shower on a second floor that has sprung a leak - see photos below. What do I need to do to correct this problem? The lock-ring that is visible from the top of the shower reads: Caspers Industries Oakland CA No. 101-PS ABS IAMPO Use glue only. Warning: Do not use oil base...
  7. KC27

Direct Vent Water Heater Advice Wanted

I want to replace my 40 gallon AO Smith natural gas powered vent gas water heater with a direct vent water heater in order to eliminate the fan on the power vent. The current water heater is installed in an unfinished basement next to an exterior wall. Bradford White seems to be a well liked...
  8. KC27

What is Your Opinion of This Kohler Toilet with K-4519 tank

I have a Kohler toilet in my bathroom with these numbers in the tank T 39 K4519 20399 3 1 What is this model toilet's reputation in regards to flushing solid waste? I'm considering replacing it because it seems to get clogged fairly regularly by one adult member of the family and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks