Search results

1. KC27

No communication with indoor unit fault

Thanks for the advice.
  2. KC27

@WorthFlorida I know it has been 1700 days since you posted your thermostat solution, but I just wanted to say thanks anyway. Several days ago, my Bryant Evolution central air was not working, with the thermostat displaying a "Indoor unit communications fault" - call technician message. I did...
  3. KC27

@WorthFlorida I know it has been 1700 days since you posted your thermostat solution, but I just wanted to say thanks anyway. Several days ago, my Bryant Evolution central air was not working, with the thermostat displaying a "Indoor unit communications fault" - call technician message. I did...
  4. KC27

Hairline Crack in Toilet Tank - Repair or Replace

Thanks - sounds like tape is not sufficient. We will close the supply line at night and when no one is home.
  5. KC27

American Standard is sending me a replacement tank at no charge. It will take a week to get here. Is there anything I can do to help keep the tank in one piece until the replacement arrives? I was thinking of wrapping the tank in tape. Is that worth doing, or is it better to leave it alone?
  6. KC27

OK, thanks for the answers. I will get a new tank. I do not know how we damaged the tank. The seat has dampers, so it lowers slowly and offers resistance when raised, so it would be hard to slam the seat lid into the tank when lifting the seat. Plus, it would seem the tank lid would crack from...
  7. KC27

I have an American Standard Cadet 3 that has been in use for three years. I noticed a hairline crack in the outside of the front-center portion of the tank. The tank is 12" high, and this crack starts at the top and goes down 6". The crack is visible from the inside of the tank, too. Are tanks...
  8. KC27

Natural Gas Pipe Deflection OK?

The $350 was for installation only. Is that low? I paid a plumbing company $1800 for the previous 50 gallon Bradford White unit, and that included installation. I think the Bradford White heater itself was around $1400. The flawed install probably boils down to a communication screw up on my...
  9. KC27

I take it all I need are longer versions of these two pipes to get everything straightened up. I already have the tape and pipe dope. Anything else?
  10. KC27

Thanks for the info on this being a cosmetic issue. The pipes at angles bugs me for some reason - I guess because I figured a installation by a plumber would include the adjustments to get everything plumb and level. The install was $350. That must be a price for a basic disconnect and...
  11. KC27

Connections at the heater look like this.
  12. KC27

Sylvan: I think it is hard to see from a photo vs in person, but here are a couple of shots.
  13. KC27

This plumber did not modify the branch or the drop line to account for the variation in the gas control valve placement on the new heater. The branch line isn't level and the drop line isn't plumb. The lines on the previous water heater installation were level and plumb. I asked about this...
  14. KC27

Had a replacement water heater installed this week. The natural gas is supplied to the heater from a 5' black iron pipe. The pipe deflects downward 3" from the T which feeds the 5' pipe, to the end of the 5' pipe where it connects to the elbow that sends the gas to the water heater. With the...
  15. KC27

Do Anode Changes Extend Heater Life?

By the way, the plumber who installed the heater offered this advice on replacing anodes, and any other water heater maintenance. He feels anode replacement or tank maintenance does not yield enough added water heater life to justify the effort and cost. Same goes for regularly draining five...
  16. KC27

A replacement heater was installed today. It has the hex head style anode vs the hot water nipple/anode style on my previous Bradford White. I'll break it free and re-tighten this week.
  17. KC27

Here is what was left of the anode from my seven year old Bradford White heater. It is the original, I never changed it. After seeing this, I wish I had done the preventative maintenance and changed it. I understand tank failure is inevitable, but maybe I could have gotten three to five more...
  18. KC27

I will pull the anode when I remove the heater. Not sure what you meant about "no for both".
  19. KC27

Thanks for help, everyone. I do not have a water softener. Incoming water can be 40 degrees or lower in the dead of winter, and I heat the water to 140 F. I have never measured my water pressure. What PSI is considered high water pressure? Maybe water heater longevity is a luck of the draw...
  20. KC27

I did not change the anode, and now I am looking to replace my 7 year old Bradford White heater (leaking at the bottom). I did flush the heater regularly. Seven years seems kind of early to be replacing a heater. That's why I wondering if anode changes add much to heater longevity.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks