Search results

1. Ternzer

New filter and softener needed - reccomend pls

Ditto, thanks for your insight. I have been lurking around here long enough to know that you know your stuff. I also have learned that treating water is part art as well as science and you might just throw some random chance in there to be safe. Which is why i am here asking for input rather...
  2. Ternzer

Thanks Dittohead So is it safe to assume that i am looking at one of 2 situations? Either i have a chlorine injection system to maintain or i need to disassemble and clean the valve every year or 2? honestly i would prefer the latter. an hour or so for cleaning an inspection is better time spent...
  3. Ternzer

Na. the well to the house is about 100 ft of 1.25 black plastic. From the foundation to pressure tank is 1.25 PVC. Tank to the filter is about 2 feet of 1" copper. any thoughts on what i am thinking for the filter and softener setup?
  4. Ternzer

all that info and i forgot the PH! it is 7.1. I dont mind sweating the pipe for the new system but PEX can make a person lazy. the rest of the house is 3/4 copper.
  5. Ternzer

Culligan Super S

Hi, have a super S that i inherited from a prevous owner. Chances are that it was in bypass for a reason. Culligan will charge an arm an a leg to fix it. if they even are willing to do so. in my area they are shady. Save your self some hassel and replace it with a newer system and ditch the...
  6. Ternzer

Hi, I need some help putting a system together. Thanks to the forum i have a pretty good idea on what to do but need some of you water guru’s to tweak it for me. First some background. About 2 years ago i got some input here about how to rebuild my Culligan super S valve and rebed the centaur...
  7. Ternzer

iron out - whole house

I searched but didn't see anything on this. anyone ever flushed the whole house with iron out? I am rebuilding my iron filter and while I wait for my media it is soaking with iron out solution. so rather than dump it down the drain I was thinking I might flush the house. The previous owner...
  8. Ternzer

Culligan super S re-bed - new head

Ok, it makes sense that they would use different threads. I guess ill just rebuild the culligan. Aquasorb looks like it has a similar catalytic carbon for about 1/3 less. Ill probably go with that and a garnet under bed rather than sand that culligan uses. thanks for the help
  9. Ternzer

it appears to be a standard single thread tank 10x54. 2.5 inch opening with about 4 threads per inch. A quick search of the forums and google as well as the culligan manual says that it is catalytic carbon. Centaur is the closest to their proprietary blend. good thread here...
  10. Ternzer

Hi, hoping one of you gurus can help me out with my culligan super S. This 10 yr old unit came with the house and has been by passed for the last year while i decided what to do. In the meantime i have temporarily bumped up my softener to remove the extra iron. (i only have about 3 mg/l and...
  11. Ternzer

catalytic carbon or filox?

i was going to upgrade my softener a few months down the road. when i do i was going to get one with the 7000 valve too. then i would have the same valve on both units. so if i want them to match should i avoid the 7000? if so what is recommended? i plan to feed it with 1" copper.
  12. Ternzer

60 views and not 1 response? I have seen responses to questions that could easily be answered with a simple search. i dont get it. anyway. If anyone does take the time to look. I do have another question. is there any reason to get a metered valve with filox? it looks from what i read that it...
  13. Ternzer

Hi, Longtime lurker first time poster. I am looking for some advice on what to use for my iron removal and slight sulfur smell. I had my water tested by a local lab: All these are in mg/L: Iron is 2.3 (which is different that all test strips. I used 5 different kits and all were .2-.3)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks