Search results

1. Tom3holer

Can't get delta temp correct.

I have an Burnham Alpine boiler installed in our home. As I understand it a zone should be set up to have a delta T of about 20deg to be most efficient basically. We installed a Taco Bumblebee circulator in the main loop for the downstairs in my home. It is approx 100' of standard baseboard...
  2. Tom3holer

Approx cost of a Gas tankless WH

Hi, I have a 40 Gal Superstor water tank with a mixing valve heated by my Burnham AL80 gas boiler. The problem is we often run out of hot water after a couple of showers or a laundry and shower. The other issue is in the very cold days it has priority so the heat goes off while its running and...
  3. Tom3holer

Boiler temp on Burnham

Hi, Its been quite a while since I posted last. I learned a lot and was/am very grateful for all the help. With the very cold wx here in New England some new problems popped up. I have a Al80 Burnham Alpine. In these temps it barely can keep the house up to 70. My question is what is the highest...
  4. Tom3holer

Burnham Alpine will not run at 190deg

Hi, I have a Burnham alpine ALP080B installed about 9 months ago. It has worked fine till this cold snap we are having. The plumber that installed it had no idea how to set it up although the installation was very well done. I have taken the time to read the manual several times but am at a...
  5. Tom3holer

Setting D/T on primary

I am having a little problem trying to decide how to properly set the primary D/T on a P/S plumbed boiler. I replaced the primary pump on the Alpine 80 with a Taco Bumblebee as the pump curve showed it matched very closely what I was looking for. I wanted to get a 35* D/T across the boiler so as...
  6. Tom3holer

Will Air in line effect heat output

I have have a new installation with 3 zones each fed with their own zone pump. It seems that in the upstairs zone there isn't much heat comming out of the BB even with 160* water. I am thinking tht perhps there is air in the line. I do not hear any noise of water running. I just cleaned all the...
  7. Tom3holer

Help with zone issue

Hi, An issue has come up with how to rezone part of my home properly. Briefly I had an Alpine 150 installed in my home about a year ago. It was way oversized as the heat load ,not done by the plumber, came in at 60K. After showing him the numbers he agreed to replace it with an 80. He...
  8. Tom3holer

How to acurately determinng flow rate

Hi, Posted here several times before and am amazied by the excelllent help and advice. Thanks. I have a newly installed system that is giving me fits. First off it is way oversized. I do not see the D/T's that are expected and suspect flow rates in both the primary and secondary. Some...
  9. Tom3holer

Zone pump sizing

I have posted here before on my newly installed system and again thank you all for the help and advice. I had a Alpine 150 boiler installed in my home at the recomendation of the plumber. I have done a heat load, as he did not, on the house 2 different ways. Using the "Fuel Used" method over...
  10. Tom3holer

Getting correct Delta T readings

Hi, Receiently had a new Alpine 150 installed in our home. Had several problems and realized my plumber/installer had on idea on how to size a boiler or set it up proberly. After many hours of reading the manual and boiler operation observation, and posting questions I am somewhat up to...
  11. Tom3holer

Running 2 Taco zone pumps off one Taco controler

Hi, I just had a new heating system installed in my home. It is a boiler/baseboard system with 5 zones. I have now discovered the installer really didn't have a clue as to what I really needed. He did no heat loss study and just assumed the old boilers rating was what I needed. I have ended...
  12. Tom3holer

Newbie with Alpine issues

Hi, I am new here and this is my first post. Was up till 2:30 this morning reading all I could and am so impressed at the level of advice and knowledge on this website. My home, located on Cape Cod Ma, is an old Sea Captains house built in 1860 of around 3000+ sq/ft. It was retrofitted...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks