Search results

1. Tom3holer

Burnham Alpine ALP210 High Limit Reset Sensor Error, Main Board problem?

That is very interesting what you said about being locked in the AL80 mode My situation was that my incompetent plumber that I hired to replace my old boiler put in an Alpine 150 which was way too large for my home and it short cycled all the time. I arranged to have the plumber meet with the...
  2. Tom3holer

Can't get delta temp correct.

Thats kinda what I thought, thanks again Dana.
  3. Tom3holer

So would a delta T pump be of any benefit as I have one around I am not using.
  4. Tom3holer

One more question if I may. Is the DT of 20df also a good number for my indirect HW tank?
  5. Tom3holer

Dana, thank you for the explanation. The problem is finding someone that is competent. Increasing the primary flow has increased the secondary temps and helped but as outside temps have moderated all is well.
  6. Tom3holer

When I increased the flow rate on the primary side I did see a gain on secondary temp with 2 zones running of 5 deg below boiler out. With all 3 zones running about 10-12deg. I gather this heat loss really is not totally wasted but need to review my book as its a bit foggy. Is one actually...
  7. Tom3holer

Approx cost of a Gas tankless WH

I did get a quote for installing a Riannai RCU 98I for $3500 minus the $700 rebate for a total of $2800. The plumber that came over was very helpful and thought I had a good system with the 45gal Superstor. He said why no up the temp on the WH and see if that helps. The boiler is set to 185 for...
  8. Tom3holer

I didn't realize that Dana, thanks. When you say throttle back the flow through the hydraulic separator can you explain? I did slow down the variable speed boiler boiler pump but that didn't seem to do much. Here is a pic of the setup with the vertical line on the left the boiler out and the one...
  9. Tom3holer

I did discover I was measuring things incorrectly but still had a DT of less than 10F. This installation was done 4 years ago and had to be changed after I did my homework and with Dana's help. I arranged a meeting with the plumber and the tech rep from Burnham. The tech rep asked how the...
  10. Tom3holer

I have an Burnham Alpine boiler installed in our home. As I understand it a zone should be set up to have a delta T of about 20deg to be most efficient basically. We installed a Taco Bumblebee circulator in the main loop for the downstairs in my home. It is approx 100' of standard baseboard...
  11. Tom3holer

Thanks Dana, That makes sense.
  12. Tom3holer

Jim, Thank you I will turn up the temp to maybe 150 and see if that helps. The hw does have priority and the cir pump is a 5 year old Taco. My boiler is set to 180 so bringing the water tank up to 180 seems like it might take a long time.
  13. Tom3holer

Boiler temp on Burnham

It was a thought but probably won't fit my needs as well as I first thought. It would be located in the basement which is currently 43df, although the dehumidifying effect would be useful.
  14. Tom3holer

Jim, The WH is set to 135 with a temping valve and the boiler was set to 180. The boiler will run, in the cold temps we have had lately, just about 25 min when it gets a call for hw. In the warmer temp with no heat needed just the hw we run out after or during the second shower, all with lo flo...
  15. Tom3holer

Boiler temp on Burnham

Was talking to a friend today and the subject came up and he told me of being very pleased with a hybrid water heater he is using at his camp in Greenville Me. Its a heat pump/electric unit. It uses a top mounted heat pump with a fan and has been very efficient. He said with temps above 45 or so...
  16. Tom3holer

Good advice and I am not in a rush as have been living with this issue foe several years.
  17. Tom3holer

Boiler temp on Burnham

Dana, Thanks I will look into that Navien. I did have to have the meter upgraded a couple of years ago due to a generator installation. The gas line coming in is 1 1/2" then goes down to 3/4 to feed the boiler. We have a gas cooktop and gas drier also. Right now the boiler is running at 100%...
  18. Tom3holer

Thank you Terry, That is kinda what I expected. I do have a generator so had to have a larger capacity meter installed .
  19. Tom3holer

Boiler temp on Burnham

Dana, As always thank you very much for the advice and wisdom. My upstairs laundry and 2 showers drain through a small 12x12 chase that eas filled with insulation and foam during the last Mass Save inspection. As a bit of information: The wife unit just took a 7-10 min shower then ran a load of...
  20. Tom3holer

Hi, I have a 40 Gal Superstor water tank with a mixing valve heated by my Burnham AL80 gas boiler. The problem is we often run out of hot water after a couple of showers or a laundry and shower. The other issue is in the very cold days it has priority so the heat goes off while its running and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks