Search results

1. toddo

Oil fired boiler for domestic hot water?

Greetings, This post really has two topics so I'll post in both relevant forums and hope for the best. I have a Well Mclain oil fired boiler for hot water baseboard heat. I had it installed by a pro about 12 years ago, did the balance of the plumbing in the house myself. Have been heating...
  2. toddo

Boiler fired water heater?

One place I didn't search regarding my last post was here on the board and gee whiz, there's a pretty relevant post listed in "similar threads"...sorry. Would still appreciate any relevant comments from you though... Todd
  3. toddo

Boiler fired water heater?

Greetings, This post really has two topics so I'll post in both relevant forums and hope for the best. I have a Well Mclain oil fired boiler for hot water baseboard heat. I had it installed by a pro about 12 years ago, did the balance of the plumbing in the house myself. Have been heating...
  4. toddo

Water for Icemaker

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Slight hijack, please. Whole house remodel, ran copper for an icemaker, figuring it would come off a RO filter under sink. Heard a few theories about compatibility of RO water and copper, wondering what the collective wisdom of this board is. Copper is...
  5. toddo

plastic water heater drain

Oops, should have checked back in. "take a hack saw blade and saw that palstic from the inside of the hole..... cut it through about three palces and then it should just fall out with a small screwdriver or chisel...." Got up early yesterday and that's exactly what I did. Took about 10...
  6. toddo

HW recirculation problem

Tool, if I can't solve this that's probably my next move. Downside is that I (we) work out of my home, ideally the timer would be set something like 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Thanks for the suggestion. ToddO
  7. toddo

HW recirculation problem

HJ, I tried to read as much as possible prior to starting. Remember someone stating emphatically about the importance of proper engineering. Bet that's you, huh? Question if you don't mind. If the valve isn't tipped too far, what else "could" be the problem? Thanks, ToddO
  8. toddo

HW recirculation problem

Correction, tried to take a shower. Brrr - Warm only, never got hot enough. The return loop has to be running backwards, right? Shut the loop off for now. Might be a hack plumber but at least I am smelling okay now. Toddo
  9. toddo

HW recirculation problem

Greetings, DIY plumber here. I hooked up a passive thermosiphoning system yesterday. Almost works, now I have instant "warm" water, then cool, then finally hot. Close but no cigar. Any suggestions for tweaking greatly appreciated. Details...about 50' run to most distant fixture. Supply...
  10. toddo

tried... Thanks for responding. Maybe I dont have big enough tools. Just can't get it to turn either way. Stripping the plastic even cranked down on the vgrips. Should have mentioned it before...WH is only a year or two old, thought it would be an easy propositon. I would have been happy to...
  11. toddo

Hey, New poster here. Been lurking awhile. Trying to set up thermosiphoning system returning to bottom of 50 gallon Whirlpool electic water heater. Thought cranking the plastic drain off may be an issue so I called manufacturer. “No problem…it’s durable, just crank it off,†tech rep...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks