Search results

1. CORVAIRWILD

Kohler Leaks & Seeps-Newest 1.28 GPF DISASTER!

I installed one of these in a rental a couple of years ago. It has recently been a real costly problem! My water bill went up from 2-3,000 gallons pm to 10,000! Cost was almost $100! So much for water saving . The apartment has been unoccupied for months, and I have been updating it on and off...
  2. CORVAIRWILD

VERY odd problem... HALF a power outage??

To continue, I have seen absolutely every single kind of breaker overheat, melt in the on position, including a Square D QO, in my own house, that caught some wood on fire before another breaker tripped. The Sq D QO had locked on. Also seen bad Cutler Hammer CH series, you name it, I've seen...
  3. CORVAIRWILD

VERY odd problem... HALF a power outage??

Great reading. As a landlord, and almost professional electrician, I've seen this problem many times, and a friend of mine is having a similar problem in an outbuilding/apartment. If I wasn't 1,000 miles away, I would help him fix the problem. It could be the sub panel breaker, main lug, or any...
  4. CORVAIRWILD

Thoughts On Navien Vs AO Smith Small Tankless Propane Boiler

We def need a roof, and were planning to add a few more inches Styro, and maybe adding a bit to the pitch once it's open for the build up, it's 3.5 in 12. Poured concrete today, job looks good
  5. CORVAIRWILD

I looked up the small electric boiler, good idea! And no idea when and if the geo will be done, but even tho the mini splits may be more efficient, we don't want the air handler(s) hanging from any wall, nor an pump outside. We'll either leave the existing fin-tube baseboard or install under...
  6. CORVAIRWILD

Hmmm... Lots of intricate detail.. Nonetheless I installed 299' of PEX today in 3 loops. Plumber friend had recommended 200' in 2 loops, I figured if 2 is good 3 is better. I thot the idea of 3 shorter loops would be easier to regulate as the water wouldn't have as much of a temp difference from...
  7. CORVAIRWILD

ZIP 12901 We'll be ordering Marvin windows 50sq ft total, triple glazed All walls are "exterior". 2x20' in breezeway and garage, unheated tho 2x9' window walls Fiberglass 3.5" original + 5.5" new and offset + 1' added to attic, 90d to rafters 2x 36" exterior doors w magnetic seals, and I...
  8. CORVAIRWILD

I got a brochure for a Trinity LP boiler made by NYThermal... Made in New Brunswick Canada Looking over the brochures, some weigh 200lbs for a condensing boiler, another weighs 128lbs. I feel like I should mention that the subject has gotten off topic. Can we discuss my heating needs?
  9. CORVAIRWILD

Links being removed

I just bot this Cameo Biege '65, just got the '64 painted lavender for Mrs, and I've had the '66 Skylark GS since '1980, it replaced the '67 2+2, but really needs a rotisserie, but runs.. can't wait for summer!! the '66 was in my folks driveway just after I purchased it for $800 in July '80, it...
  10. CORVAIRWILD

Links being removed

Reminds me of a story... In 1978 I was 18, my dad bot me a junk '67 Pontiac, and it needed rear shocks. I bot some air shocks from the local junkyard, they said they would fit. The old shocks were rusted on, so I went to a local garage, and the guy quoted what I thot was a reasonable price to...
  11. CORVAIRWILD

Jeez... all true... But back OT... I was at another plumbing supplier, and the clerk suggested an electric boiler. Since I only have less than 200sq and 10' ceiling... I wonder if the solar cells I plan to power the house/office with will be able to handle the 25 amps the elec boiler...
  12. CORVAIRWILD

Links being removed

Well said Terry...
  13. CORVAIRWILD

Links being removed

I think it's more the issue that we shop at the plumbing supply just to get free info and then buy at all conquering Amazon. On the other hand, how many citys or towns have a little single store family owned business? Think watchmaker, camera shop, heating or plumbing storefront and on and...
  14. CORVAIRWILD

Links being removed

Understood... I'm not endorsing one vendor or another, just using their page as a reference... And I'm impressed/glad that Mr Love is reading these posts. On the note of hiring a pro, I live in a very small city, (20k), and most of the plumbers cater to the git er done landlords that...
  15. CORVAIRWILD

So why not the condensing? My application too small? And what outside/window clearance do I need? The shiny colorful brochure doesn't list any numbers. I'll go look at the link
  16. CORVAIRWILD

No, I didn't do a load check, but a really well insulated 9x20 w 10 foot ceiling can't take much to heat. And this is just to heat this space, the rest of the house already has oil HW heat, but there's a concrete floored 10' breezeway in between. So no condensing? and how much is the SS stack...
  17. CORVAIRWILD

Here's the quote. I dunno if they have it in stock, locally or at main store or drop ship. So what do you recommend I use?
  18. CORVAIRWILD

Here's a link to the recommended unit... http://www.pricegrabber.com/outdoors/plumbing++takagi-t-kjr2-in-ng-natural-gas-indoor-tankless-water-heater/m-823775923/?search=Takagi+TK+Jr2&no_sps=1#_compare_prices why is it 1/2 what my salesman is quoting??? Are the units that much different?
  19. CORVAIRWILD

That's why I came here for advice. What should I use to heat the floor? I thot the tankless was THE way to heat in floor?!?!? There's only 9' exterior walls and I'd like to vent directly outside, in the back away from the street side. I could mount it on a side wall and runs along the shared...
  20. CORVAIRWILD

I'm building an office for my wife from our 3 car garage. 10'x20'. 4" concrete w embedded PEX over 2" styro over existing concrete. I am super-insulating the walls with double off-set studs so the fiberglass insulation overlaps, and adding a foot of fiberglass to the ceiling. The local...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks