Search results

1. karter56

Water temp

I recently replaced the water heater that runs to the water coil on my hydronic furnace. Can anyone tell me what temperature these systems typically run at? The old system had no gauge on it at all. I'm currently running it at around 140 degrees.
  2. karter56

Hydroair Water Heater plumbing

I am installing a new water heater for my hydroair furnace. The system was installed 22 years ago and they had the cold coming into the water heater, then out to a circulating pump, through a check valve, through the air coil and back to the drain at the bottom of the heater. I was thinking it...
  3. karter56

plumbing 2 water heaters

I have a 50 gal gas heater and a 40 gal gas heater plumbed in parallel. I am replacing both water heaters. Right now my hot line runs out to the house and to the water coil in my hydronic forced-air furnace. Then a line comes out of the water coil and back into the drain of the first unit. I...
  4. karter56

standard vent vs. direct vent

Can I replace a direct vent water heater with a standard vent model. The water heater is located in my crawl space, which is 10 feet tall.
  5. karter56

What size? What vent system?

Time for a new gas water heater. 3 bath house but only 3 of us living there. Company only once a year. Furnace has a hot water coil but hot water circulates back to heater. Not sure if a 50gal, 40,000 btu is enough. Have a 30gal feeding a 50gal right now. Seems like overkill. Current...
  6. karter56

2 water heaters?

I have a 3 bath home with just 3 of us living here. My main water line runs into a 30 gal gas unit. It then runs out of the 30 gal unit and into a 50 gal gas unit and then out to the house. There is a line spliced into the outgoing line over to a circulating pump and into the hot water coil...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks