Search results

1. Stephnej

Faucet change

Lonny, thanks. as a matter of fact I just purchased a digital camera and will be taking many pics and posting them along with questions. like they say, " A picture is like a thousand words". yes, the faucet is dripping at the handle and the spout, "double trouble".
  2. Stephnej

Faucet change

LonnythePlumber No, why is it leaking? is it because of a worn washer?
  3. Stephnej

Faucet change

Faucet change I have a Jacuzzi tub and it is leaking slowly at the spout and at the valve. I wanted to get a new handle. so, will any handle fit the tub? it is a pull out handle now and I wanted to upgrade it. is it a matter of taking out the old one and putting a new one in? or is it more...
  4. Stephnej

Frozen screws in shower strainer

Jimbo, (or whom ever) just to be sure, do I need a 8-32 drill bit to drill a bigger hole for this type of screw? there is a hole now with out threads because I drilled out the original. not sure what you mean by taping it out. tap what out?
  5. Stephnej

Frozen screws in shower strainer

I have recently tiling the shower and I had to take the drain strainer off. however the screws were frozen so I drilled them out. now when I put the new screws and strainer back, the screw has a hole but no thread to hold the screw in place. any tricks to hold the screws in place? i tiled over...
  6. Stephnej

Bath fan exhaust venting

Not sure what you mean. so, if it is on a hanger then what is the best way to get it out? can i just pull it down by force? also, i can see the wires and it appears that i can get my hands it there and wire it together. is a possible change?
  7. Stephnej

Bath fan exhaust venting

since we are on this subject of bathroom fans, i am replacing an exhust fan and not sure how to take out the old? it's in a finished ceiling, so i don't know if it is nailed in or what. i took out all visible screws and something is holding it in. any tips?
  8. Stephnej

Bathtub faucet hard to turn off

I had the same problem and I just replaced the old with the new. it shuts off easily and it looks better. price and instillation was all good.
  9. Stephnej

shower leak

Hey Lonny the Plumber, I was reading the following threads and was wondering what you mean when you talk about the spout and valve, where is that in the tub exactly?
  10. Stephnej

can i tile over tile in a stand up shower

Thanks, but I did not want to get into replacing a shower pan, 1 because I don't have the experience and 2 seems complicated. however I can learn anything. my question is, can I tile over tile? Example, take down tile from walls leaving the tile on the floor of the shower and tiling over it...
  11. Stephnej

can i tile over tile in a stand up shower

Hello, first time user. what is the best way to tile a stand up shower (no tub)? I am leaving the existing shower pan and tile on the floor, but I want to take off old tile on walls. should I take off old tile on the walls or should I leave it? also not sure if I need to replace the shower pan...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks