Search results

1. JTlikestobuild

Cast Iron Tips and Tricks

Hello I'm doing a home reno. All the in ground and under slab DVW pipes where done with ABC plastic. With the ABS there was no movement between the fitting and the overlap of the hub fittings provided larger seal area than the clamp does with a no hub coupling. The couplings I'm using...
  2. JTlikestobuild

Acrylic in Sunlight

I'm installing a 3'x6' tub in a corner below 2 South/South West facing windows. I have been looking at acrylic tubs thinking the sunlight wouldn't be a problem because acrylic hot tub are in the sun all day. Then someone mentioned hot tubs have covers to hold the heat in as well as protect...
  3. JTlikestobuild

Subfloor

Is the 1 1/4" thick sub floor rule of thumb under a tile/stone floor necessary if the floor joist are on 12" centers Instead of using 2 sheet of plywood and spending the time to screw and glue I'm thinking of using one layer of 1" plywood. One failing I can think of is more deflection at the...
  4. JTlikestobuild

LED Lighting Conversion

Hey All First post. My compliments to everyone who contributes to these forums. Tons of very good info. We are doing a reno. I wanted LED pot lights but I was told they are too expensive, non dimming and do not provide enough light. We went with 4.5" halogen instead. Last week I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks