Search results

1. Mikebarone

Help-NFPA 90A/90B Air Handler Install Clearances

Your air handler I shot you a reply on your first post, (be it good or bad). LOL. Mike
  2. Mikebarone

Clogged Drain Line Caused Drip outside drip pan

Just a thought... If I’m reading your post correctly, I would stick with the issue that caused all of your problems…the drain line that was installed incorrectly. If the drain line was installed incorrectly at the time of the install, and nothing after the fact may have changed the...
  3. Mikebarone

Looking for a low cost propane room heater

Yep Thanks Sibi…I think your probably right. Mike
  4. Mikebarone

stuck shutoff valve

Just a thought... I’m probably missing something here on all of the posts here, but here in Phoenix, most of the homes have a gate or ball valve at the house. Then there is a water meter out by the street that has shut off valve in the same box with the meter. I bought a water key at Home...
  5. Mikebarone

Elec heat no good. From what she’s told me, these little rental units were built like in the 40’s, and the power supply to the main panels is almost noting. She says that with just one small electric heater on low, and the TV and some lights on it blows the main breaker. Everything there...
  6. Mikebarone

I put dishwasher soap in my rinse aid dispenser?

Just a thought... My buddy bought a dishwasher that I think someone must have done something like that too. My buddy put some De-foamer in, and ran a load. I just called him, and he said that you can get that De-foamer where ever you rent carpet cleaning machines. Mike
  7. Mikebarone

Thanks, Thanks HJ, This heater will be for a client/friend of mine that has some small hotel type rental houses in Wilcox Az. She found one of those, “Mr. Heater portable propane heaters†on the web, and that’s what she wanted to use. I told her the same thing, about not being able...
  8. Mikebarone

Hi…I’m trying to find a low cost venting, (from the outside) propane heater. It is for a small apartment, (approx 250 square feet). All of the ones I have found on the web, are around the $600.00 to $700.00 range and up. I don’t really feel comfortable with the heaters that (use the air...
  9. Mikebarone

Hi…I’m trying to find a low cost venting, (from the outside) propane heater. It is for a small apartment, (approx 250 square feet). All of the ones I have found on the web, are around the $600.00 to $700.00 range and up. I don’t really feel comfortable with the heaters that (use the air...
  10. Mikebarone

Old house with old air ducts...

Question... Is your basement a, “finished basement†and is it heated / cooled? My parents had a house back East, and the basement was cold and damp, and not really finished, (drywall, carpeted etc.). Mike
  11. Mikebarone

2008 ..... Pig Slop Award.....

HVAC return under tub...? Here, (just for fun) is an example of poor workmanship of how not to install underground duct work. This, (concrete pipe) duct work was found when the owners of the house wanted to do a bathroom remodel. Apparently, the previous owners of the house already did a...
  12. Mikebarone

underground duct

Here, (just for fun) is an example of poor workmanship of how not to install underground duct work. This, (concrete pipe) duct work was found when the owners of the house wanted to do a bathroom remodel. Apparently, the previous owners of the house already did a remodel on the bathroom, where...
  13. Mikebarone

underground duct

Just a thought... I’m not an A/C guy, but I have been doing a lot of research on duct work, air volume, etc; and I have made some major improvements on existing duct work systems, on a lot of homes. You may have to post a little more information as far as the size of you addition, size of...
  14. Mikebarone

Draining a water softener into a septic system...bad idea?

Thanks Thanks everyone for all the feed back! I'm in Phoenix AZ and as far as I know the city / state haven’t addressed the issue of banning the discharge of water softeners into the city sewer systems….yet. After reading all of the replies to my question, I guess I can leave that...
  15. Mikebarone

Air Exchanger

Maybe? When I had my A/C / heat pump installed in my house, my contractor just installed a 6” vent pipe plumbed into the return air duct work from the outside. He said that it would cost me about ¼ ton of efficiency, but it would pressurize the house, so any outside air, (from small leak, like...
  16. Mikebarone

Draining a water softener into a septic system...bad idea?

I have a client that the water softener discharge line drains into her sewer line that goes into her septic system. I noticed on my dads discharge line on his water softener, (that he just discharges on the ground) that it, (over time) leaves a crusty salt layer on the ground. On my clients...
  17. Mikebarone

Check Septic and DF for leaks.

Just a thought... You may try the, “kill him with kindness†approach. Mail him a letter saying something like you want to put the past behind you and just become good neighbors. Tell him that if he has any issues that you may be bothering him about, that you want him to feel free to...
  18. Mikebarone

Underground pipe install.

Freezing pipes. In North Phoenix, (around New River) there is still a problem with pipes freezing. Last year wasn’t too bad, but the year before that a lot of BFP’s and well pipes were busting all over the place; worked my butt off that day…LOL. Mike
  19. Mikebarone

Thanks Wow….only four zones on an acre. I will suggest to the owner about going to at least a 1†line. I’m just concerned that the galvanized pipe that is in the house is just as rusty as the main line coming from the meter to the house. I guess replacing one step at a time. It will...
  20. Mikebarone

Thanks much! I have been doing some research on using PEX pipe. I have read on the pipe itself, and it recommended not be used if the free chlorine is over 4 PPM. I called the city water quality department and I guess the highest level they have ever put in the lines was 2 PPM, and that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks