Search results

1. denikar

Minimum Trap Arm Length

This http://inspectapedia.com/plumbing/1623s.jpg Comes to mind.
  2. denikar

Inserting a sanitary tee into existing stack that will not move

To clarify, the cut stack can be moved enough in the x-y direction, just not up and down (z direction).
  3. denikar

Inserting a sanitary tee into existing stack that will not move

I'm investigating how to insert a sanitary tee into an existing vertical 3" stack that will not budge at all (vertically). One of the discussions I found here suggested cementing the lower part of the santee and using a fernco fitting for the top part. Is this the recommended method or are...
  4. denikar

Tub overflow re-direct

Hi all, In order to install a new tub the overflow needs to be offset a bit so the drain stub doesn't hit a floor joist. Is it OK to do this? (nothing has been glued yet) Also this is a Kohler PVC drain kit. If you notice the overflow head has a nut on it assuming so you can...
  5. denikar

ABS Sanitary Tee cracked

They are mold marks. From the picture there are at least three injection points where they inject the ABS material into the mold. The lines you see are where the material meets up inside the mold from each injection point as it is filled. Nothing to worry about.
  6. denikar

Concern about slope

Yes I realize I screwed up. But I want to fix it. The joists can be sistered rather easily as I've already sistered 4 of them to meet the tub loading requirements and to meet the ceramic tile maximum allowed bend requirements. Here is what I can do (from Jim's suggestion): Can a vent...
  7. denikar

Concern about slope

OK I get it now I think. Thanks for the reply. Since the location of this branch is under the shower I will need to go horizontal for about 2ft to get to a place where I can go vertical:
  8. denikar

Concern about slope

Understood and will do. Thanks for the reply.
  9. denikar

Concern about slope

Here is a crude sketch of the setup. Seems I have the same siphon issue with the vanity...
  10. denikar

Concern about slope

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm not sure how the height of the shower drain was altered as I used a complete "P" trap. Right after the "P" trap it slopes down to the T. I did not think about the siphoning issue - uggg :( As for venting yes there is one 1.5" vent in-between the shower and...
  11. denikar

Concern about slope

Hi all, Great forum. First time poster with an issue that has been worrying me for a few weeks. I'm installing a new 2nd floor bathroom and have been following the latest Michigan plumbing code. The issue is where the shower drain meets the tub drain I mistakenly drilled the next joist...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks