Search results

1. Jman2012a

30 Amp Generator output into a 50 Amp inlet.

I have an existing generator that has a 30 amp outlet, however, my house I recently purchased has a 50 amp power inlet box. The 50 amp circuit breaker in the box has an interlock, so we have protection from that stand point. My question is can I use my generator that feeds 30 amps to the 50 amp...
  2. Jman2012a

Smoke/CO detector placement in a bedroom

What is the best placement for a smoke/CO detector in a bedroom? Ideally I would like the center of the room, however, we have a ceiling fan that also uses CFL bulbs in each of the bedrooms. All three doors for the bedrooms on the level are within four feet of each other. I have a smoke/CO...
  3. Jman2012a

Trace knob and tube circuits

I am planning to install an arc fault breaker on a knob and tube wired circuit. I have installed the arc fault breakers on a sub panel that is wired with romex, which was easy to pair the same circuit hot and neutral together. Since I need to pair the hot and neutral together with the knob and...
  4. Jman2012a

Does a sub panel in attached space need a main breaker?

I have a sub panel in the basement that has 10 breakers to power the basement. The sub panel is fed off the main panel that is in the attached garage. The sub panel does not have a main breaker. Does anyone know if that is compliant with NEC?
  5. Jman2012a

Vanity Wall Light - How Close to Ceiling?

I am installing a bathroom in my basement and the ceilings are low and are drywall. We are beginning to design it and want a light above the vanity mirror. The light will be wall mounted. What is the minimum distance from the top of the light to the ceiling that is permitted?
  6. Jman2012a

Bathroom exhaust fan venting

I am installing an exhaust fan in a 1st floor bathroom and I am trying to decide on the exterior vent to use. Based on where the bathroom is and what it would take to vent through the roof, that route is not feasible due to its location. As a result, I plant to run the 4 in vent pipe parallel...
  7. Jman2012a

Multiple lights/switches on single circuit.

Remodeling one level of a split. Gutted area and reconfigured the rooms. As a result, all of this existing wiring has been removed. Going to wire with fresh runs from newer breaker box. Looking for some advice on running wire in an efficient and correct manner on four of the lights. In the...
  8. Jman2012a

Lights intermittently flicker in whole house.

Our lights intermittently flicker in whole house and have been doing so for about 3 weeks. Since it is intermittent, it took us a while to figure out what was going on and that it was not related to any appliance or the furnace. Week 2 we called the utility company and after 2 calls they came...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks