Search results

1. Dr.Guacamol

Does Undermount bath sink need more support?

oops CanOWorms idea seems to make sense (I'm assuming you meant about "L" brackets to support the sink.) But often the areas to mount to have thin "wood" material to mount to. - like the cabinet back often being 3/8" thick at best. It's great that JW's method has worked over time. But...
  2. Dr.Guacamol

Does Undermount bath sink need more support?

alternative support Perhaps an option is first to first spray or brush a sealer up along the block edges, then build support for that one corner - from underneath. This would take someone who could purchase and handle the materials of say, 8' of double wall 3/4 " tubing placed along the...
  3. Dr.Guacamol

Odd Hot-Neutral Reverse after Ground.

best solution. thanks. I will look for GFCI that does not need a ground.
  4. Dr.Guacamol

Hi. As stated in original post, the client had 12 things plugged into 3 powerstrips plugged into that 1 old outlet and circuit. He needed the usable line. I added an additional line on another circuit (that already fed some other stuff, too) to split the power demand. Thanks for posts.
  5. Dr.Guacamol

True, I likely could have been mistaken on start as my tester is 3-prong and the old outlet was 2-prong. (So i didn't test, yet that does not confirm prior reversal either way). Opinions on appliance wear-and tear if so? (Other sites have debate about this.)
  6. Dr.Guacamol

Interesting. Thank you. So jwelectric's comments have no pertinence?
  7. Dr.Guacamol

Again, the real issue is the reading "hot-neutral reverse" for an outlet that used to be fine, but is not now with an additional ground from an additional circuit's and outlet ground (where said additional outlet is fine and correct).
  8. Dr.Guacamol

Ground issues Hi. Thanks for your response! First, as an info note, the digital tester would not activate -at all- without working batteries. I was not talking about testing ohms. I did try it without batteries, anyway. Yes, it did not work. Second, I made a jumper from the problem new...
  9. Dr.Guacamol

Hi. I've been digging around and have not yet seen anybody write about a predicament I've been having. Please forgive me if I've missed some posts out there. The issue is a hot-neutral reverse reading on old, non-grounded nob and tube where the outlet was now replaced and grounded to an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks