Search results

1. Tlhfirelion

Price Pfister Tub Shower cartridge nightmare.

My apologies for the late reply. Thank you for your help. I have ordered this part.
  2. Tlhfirelion

Price Pfister Tub Shower cartridge nightmare.

Hello folks. I’m here after a rather extensive and unproductive search for a shower cartridge. Long story short, new house, new shower/tub combo from Price Pfister called the Karci (8p8-ws2-ka). It started dripping and got to the point where it was constantly dripping. I took it out, tried...
  3. Tlhfirelion

Septic smell in yard

Sorry, I should have clarified it is a newly built house. No smell anywhere near the tank. As soon as the sun gets up and temps rise, the smell goes away. Thanks for your help.
  4. Tlhfirelion

Septic smell in yard

the tank top doesn’t have risers yet, I ordered them and they’ll be here Friday. We just poured the driveway and covering the last bit of septic is all that’s left on this build. The septic has only been in use for 3 months or so, pumping it didn’t even screws my mind. No smell in the attic.
  5. Tlhfirelion

Septic smell in yard

Hello. We just finished a new house. Been living in it about 3 months. A few weeks ago when we got our first cool evening, I noticed a septic smell along the front of the house. We live on top of a hill, on a slightly slipped hillside. After looking at the tank and field and finding nothing, I...
  6. Tlhfirelion

Kitchen sink P trap leaks

Ahh, ok. Now I get it. So I guess I get to remove what’s there and redo it?
  7. Tlhfirelion

I am a bit confused over something. What is the drawback to an S trap vs P? I may have misunderstood but I read that if I am vented thru the roof, I don’t need to add the AVV or change my set up. Thank you for your assistance.
  8. Tlhfirelion

I started over and followed your directions exactly and it appears to have fixed the leak. I ran water for 10 Minutes and saw no more leaks. thank you, sir, for your help and solution!
  9. Tlhfirelion

the issue is that this connection keeps leaking, thank you for your reply. .
  10. Tlhfirelion

Thanks for the detailed reply. My kitchen sink does have a vent thru the roof, it’s tied into the laundry room vent which you can’t obviously see in my pic. Do I still need the air vent under the sink as well? How can I best address the leaking issue I am having? Thank you.
  11. Tlhfirelion

I’ve not put the hose clamp on yet, still trying to get this leak fixed but that will be done. What do you mean AAV? Thank you for the reply.
  12. Tlhfirelion

Hello. New kitchen sink install. I used an older P trap I had laying around and it leaked at the same spot. I figured it was just old so I bought a new one. It’s leaking at the same spot. (See pic where the level is pointing too) I figured it was loose so I hand tightened it as hard as I...
  13. Tlhfirelion

New bath/shower face vet leaking

Looks like it just needed to be cleaned and reinstalled. Maybe a gasket was off, who knows. The drip seems to have stopped. Thanks for the assistance!
  14. Tlhfirelion

No, I’m not but when I get it apart, I’ll check and see how it compares to the exploded view you provided. Thank you for that, I bet it’ll prove helpful. I’ll report back.
  15. Tlhfirelion

Will do, thank you.
  16. Tlhfirelion

Thank you for the reply. This glut, glut, drip lasts far beyond that. It’s happening many hours later after a shower. I can shower in the morning and it’ll still be doing it that evening.
  17. Tlhfirelion

Hello. New house, new install of this bath/shower faucet from Lowe’s. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pfister-Karci-Spot-Defense-Brushed-Nickel-1-Handle-Bathtub-and-Shower-Faucet-with-Valve/1000822422 It works fine when showering or bathing. We are on a well and I had to take it apart twice to...
  18. Tlhfirelion

Bathtub support loose.

Thank you for your reply. The idea of drilling that many larger holes concerns me to be honest. Some smaller holes would be acceptable to squirt mortar as initially suggested. What mortar would be best and what device would I use to squirt it up in there? Would it be best to have the tub...
  19. Tlhfirelion

Bathtub support loose.

Hello. When using our fiberglass bathtub/shower recently, we’ve noticed the support rings under the middle seem to have broken loose from the adhesive. So as you move around in the shower, you can hear and feel the rings slipping underneath you. I’m on a crawl space, so is there any way to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks