Search results

1. DangerDIY

To vent, or not to vent?

Terry- I was imagining that the reason a 4" line was run to these fixtures was to allow a natural vent with the open space in that pipe...like you said. Thanks for the advice about a 2" line to the AAV...I'd already purchased a 4"x1.5" Tee for the sink, but I'll upgrade to a 4"x2" Tee...
  2. DangerDIY

To vent, or not to vent?

Jimbo- I'm 100% sure there is no vent present for these fixtures. There is a vent on a branch stack/drain for the 1st floor bathroom approx 15 ft away. Is it possible that using that as the vent was acceptable in the 1950's when this was constructed? My plan right now is to use an AAV at...
  3. DangerDIY

To vent, or not to vent?

Plumbing pros- I am starting a complete remodel of my basement bathroom. My home has cast iron pipe and already had a shower, toilet, and sink in the basement. When I demo'ed the existing bathroom, I noticed there was no vent present for any of those fixtures. I need to know if I need to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks