Search results

1. ttsmith

Thermostat won't power on

There is only one R wire, but the two R points are jumpered together at the thermostat which is what is called for. I'll try calling Honeywell. At first I was convinced the thermostat was difective but when I swapped back to the old one and it wouldn't power on without batteries either, it...
  2. ttsmith

Thermostat won't power on

OK, this is driving me crazy. I'm hoping folks can get past my poor descriptions here and maybe offer some advice. I was hoping to add a new Honeywell wifi thermostat which of course requires the common c wire for power. My house had ancient two wire thermostat control but did have a newish...
  3. ttsmith

Boiler Scale Problem

Sorry, I didn't mean to let this die. I had been getting email updates, and then they stopped. I haven't lost interest. :-) It's sounding like the consensus opinion is that de-scaling is not really cost-effective. I still have some trouble swallowing that, but I'm willing to believe...
  4. ttsmith

Boiler Scale Problem

What's involved in de-scaling? It seems like it should just be a matter of getting muriatic acid (or similar?) to the right parts, let it soak, then flush it out. Just as a guy at a hardware store, I can get a good bit of acid for $50-100. How long should the job take? 5-6 hours seems like a...
  5. ttsmith

Boiler Scale Problem

I want to say it's a 1999. That's not off by more than a couple years, I'll have to look for some paperwork to know exactly.
  6. ttsmith

Boiler Scale Problem

Hello All-- I have a Weil-McClain gas-fired boiler heater. Last winter, it started making "kettling" type noises (bubbling and popping) and the efficiency seems to have gone down. Reading on the internet, it sounded like a scale problem. I called a plumber out, and he said that it was exactly...
  7. ttsmith

Utility Sink Installation

But I don't have much room to lower the washing machine connection--only about 1" or so below is where the coupling is to go to cast iron. So if I connect the sink above the washing machine I don't need any vent changes? Do you mean I can just add another san-tee on top of the washing...
  8. ttsmith

Thanks everyone for the help. This is already clearing things up. To follow-up: the sink will be to the left of the washer. I do plan to remove most of the existing washer drain/vent and re-do it to incorporate the addition. My main hope is that I can do everything without removing drywall...
  9. ttsmith

I was hoping to complete an installation of a utility sink into an adjacent washing machine drain. I spent a good amount of time studying another thread on here, and it has helped a lot, but I'm not exactly sure how to adapt the recommendation to my current setup. The example that was given in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks