Search results

1. Ho333ard

Trying to help a friend with a running A.S. toilet

Never seen a design like this before. Searched the heck out of google and goole images and can't find any visuals. It's an American Standard toilet. No idea which model. Water fill doesn't shut off completely. It may be 3 years old or so. The valve assembly has a twist knob on top (may be...
  2. Ho333ard

Tips for Flowmastervalve problem?

I replaced the old-style shutoff assembly in one of my toilets with a Flowmaster kit maybe a yearago (maybe a bit more). At some point in recent months it developed a problem by which it fills all the way and then does not shut off. Giving the float piece a little tap does shut it off. Is this...
  3. Ho333ard

Can't budge old moen handles/skirts

It's always the easy stuff that stops you in your tracks. I have to remove the handles and skirts from a shower faucet set to remodel, and I can't budge 'em. It's old Moen stuff, superficially like this: But with solid metal handles held on with a recessed allen screw towards the base (and...
  4. Ho333ard

Toto toilet-- replace gasket?

I hate to declare design flaw in something that has so much good design . . . but the seat bolts have come loose and fallen off, and access to the bolt space is via the rear, and there's so little clearance to the wall that only a child with no forearm bones would have a shot at getting in...
  5. Ho333ard

Anyone in the know about infrared/quartz heat?

Some friends ripped the antique gas space heater out of their basement and now pipes are bursting left and right. They don't want to put it back because it's "not to code". They are thinking about infrared/quartz heat. I am not sure about it because electricity here in Illinois just became...
  6. Ho333ard

Does on have to pull a Toto toilet to tighten the seat bolts?

I have a Toto Carrolton and the seat bolts have come loose. There is only about 3" of clearance between the back of the base and the wall behind. Any tricks for getting in there, or do I really have to pull the toilet just to tighten the bolts? If I do have to pull it, is there any mess...
  7. Ho333ard

Shower mixer leak question

I have an attic shower that's been leaking into the floor below for at least a year. I figured out it's not the drain but appears to leak from the plumbing/faucet when the shower is on. It's a single handle faucet, the kind that pulls to turn on and twists to mix. Is there a most likely cause of...
  8. Ho333ard

HEEEELP! Clogged tub drain

One of my tenant's bathtub drains suddenly stopped working. I tried plunging for hours (more than 2 almost nonstop). A bit of a gurgle each time and then nothing. I stopped up the overflow since the plunger was just causing water to splash out of it. I ran a small snake in-- can only get...
  9. Ho333ard

Help! trouble finding Moen part

One of my tenants broke off their hot water knob in the bath/shower. I figured out it's clearly a Moen by the "D" shape. The broken part is a white plastic extender. I thought the baths were remodeled 7 years ago but this stuff could be much older. Tried two LHS's and Menard's and...
  10. Ho333ard

Pneumatic Nailers?

I have the framework for my fence up, and the final step is putting up the pickets. I have this fantasy that I really want a power nailer of some sort to stick 'em up before coming back with screws. I really want one anyways, for various projects like banner-frame building and garden container...
  11. Ho333ard

Need forum recommendatio-- building a fence

I know there are folks here who could tell me everything I need to know to build 48' of shadow-box fence, but I don't see an appropriate place to ask. So, can anyone recommend a forum of the quality of this one in which such a question can be thoroughly addressed? Thanks! Howard, Chicago
  12. Ho333ard

Need Shop Vac help

Sorry, can't find a more appropriate place to ask this. I bought a 2.5 hp 6-gallon Shop Vac recently and I'm having a hard time finding info on what sort of filtration to use. I opened it to discover the paper disc had fallen off and the foam sleeve was filhy beyond salvage . . . would rather...
  13. Ho333ard

Grohe faucets-- direction

I just installed my Grohe Seabury in my pedestal sink, got the water hooked up . . . and noticed that the faucets turn opposite directions (as in toward the middle for open, toward the outside for shut). Is this supposed to be this way? Thanks . . .
  14. Ho333ard

Drain location problem-- need creative solution

I'm at the last hurdle of getting my bathroom up and running. Problem: There is a very clear place where the pedestal sink needs to be. 1/2" in either direction causes problems and just won't work. Unfortunately the drain pipe in the wall doesn't line up with the hollow of the pedestal, and...
  15. Ho333ard

Toto Carrollton tank bolts

Not sure what the deal is here . . . the tank bolts that came with my Carrollton are so short that you can only start one by tipping the tank to the side. Anyone experienced this? WtH . . . Even better is that I dropped one of the nuts and it seems to have made it into the recesses of the...
  16. Ho333ard

Ugh00 cracjed toilet tank-- need to hunt down replacement

My tenant's toilet tank somehow developed a big crack down the front. I didn't get a brand-- it.s a small one, the numbers 411 stamped inside I think. It's about 16" wide and the tank bolt holes are about 5 1/2" on center. What causes a tank to crack? What chance do I have of finding a...
  17. Ho333ard

Toto Carrollton seat size

I really didn't like the look of any of Toto's seats . . but now I'm looking at this thing and thinkng the bowl's an awfully wierd shape. Do I have a chance of fitting an off-the-shelf seat to this thing? Thx . . . CST774S TOTO Carrollton
  18. Ho333ard

Need Toto replacement parts

Can anyone point me toward a source for replacement parts for toto toilets? I purchased one online (not from Terry unfortunately) and it arrived with several broken parts, including the water inlet (base of valve assembly) and the 10" unifit piece (shattered flange). Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks