Search results

1. njbillt

Help my identify this union coupling

I bought a Toro irrigation backflow preventer with 2 unions built in so it can be removed for the winter. I want to be able to seal the outdoor parts off for the winter, but cannot find a compatible union. (I realize I'll only be using half of the union) 1" sched 40 PVC is too small and 1...
  2. njbillt

Seeking submersible pump advice

I'm getting ready to have my 25 year old pump replaced. The pump down there now is a Myers with a Franklin Electric motor, and I can't complain; it has lasted 25 years and a lot of that is irrigation with no CSV. Burned up a lot of relays over the years, but the pump hasn't been out of the...
  3. njbillt

Pump start relay when well pump already uses a pressure relay

I want to bypass the pressure switch that's for household use so when I'm running the sprinklers the pump will run full time. How to wire this? The instructions show it as if the pump is only used for the irrigation pump, on/off. How can I wire this so the pressure switch works when the...
  4. njbillt

concentric termination distance relative to dryer vent

The manual just says to avoid terminating near a dryer vent, but it doesn't say what they consider "near." Any input or experience here would be appreciated. I have few choices for this termination.
  5. njbillt

2" or 3" concentric

I'm looking at the installation manual of a Rheem condensing tank water heater, and I see a contradiction. The intake and vent are 2", but they show a 2" to 3" reducer within a few inches of the unit, and they say to use only a 3" concentric. But in a table they say less than 30 feet can use...
  6. njbillt

AO Smith Vertex VS Rheem Prestige

Both are direct vent tank models, which is what I want. I would appreciate any advice or experience with either of these 2 condensing water heaters: AO Smith Vertex | http://www.pexsupply.com/AO-Smith-GPHE-50-50-Gallon-76000-BTU-Vertex-Power-Vent-Residential-Gas-Water-Heater Rheem...
  7. njbillt

Seized gas pipe

Hi. I want to extend my black iron gas piping for a new water heater and gas grill. My pipe is 1-1/4 and has a plug at the end of the line that I simply cannot loosen. It's only a few years old, but the sealant the guy used is black, and has hardened. I thought the idea behind pipe sealant was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks