Search results

1. Daavewaard

Can I Install a Filter for a Pressure Switch?

I have a 40/60 pressure switch and replaced it about 3 months ago because of the gunk/corrosion that had accumulated inside the switch. This caused the pump to activate at 40 but never reach 60...to shut off. I cleared the 1/4" line feeding the switch but today I see the problem may have...
  2. Daavewaard

Adding a New Check Valve at the Tank Level

Friends, I am back with another question. I do apprecicate all the willing participants here. My brand new 1 1/2 hp pump with check valve either has a failed check valve or something stuck in the valve...as all the water in the house drains back into the well when I turn off the pump. My...
  3. Daavewaard

Planning Ahead to Service Your Copper Pipes

Yesterday I was squirming around in my tight crawl space and I needed to solder caps on two nearby 1/2" copper tubing ends. Despite opening lots of faucets and such, water continued to drip form both openings. And drip, and drip. I searched online for the easy fix and found that the most...
  4. Daavewaard

Water Where It Shouldn't Be

I have read recently that home builders installing exterior siding are often adding a drain plane behind the siding so that when water gets behind the siding it has both a way to dry out and exit. Consider that water situation compared to the common shower and the shower pan. Please help me...
  5. Daavewaard

Plumbing Vents on My Roof

I am often surprised when I notice residences and apartments with vents everywhere and with several placed haphazardly in a relatively small space on the roof. One of these days I'll be building my dream home and one objective will be to reduce the number of holes in my roof and another will be...
  6. Daavewaard

Another Water Hammer Question

I found this memorable quote by valveman and I have a followup question: "A check valve above ground is illegal in Texas, Michigan, and other states that understand a negative pressure in an underground water line can lead to contamination issues. The main reason I don't like them is the water...
  7. Daavewaard

I Am 99% Sure I know the Problem, But I Don't Want To Admit It.

Without going into every detail, here is the setup: A 30 year old residential well just short of 300 feet. 1 1/2 hp Gould pump installed Jan 2003, supposed to run at 9-10 amps...running at 11.4 to 11.7 until the control box shuts it down. Max amps is rated at 11.5 amps. 2. I have...
  8. Daavewaard

Kohler K-4520, 1984 Vintage, Won't Flush

At the risk of initiating the wrath of the EPA, I am putting this in writing. I do hope they are not monitoring this site for people like me. I have this wonderful old 3.5 toilet and it's perfectly fine...except. In the last several years we have noted more and more cases where the flush...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks