Search results

1. schmeckp

Short Cycling Well Pump

I drained the tank and checked the pre-charge, and was coming up at 0. Set it to 38, flushed the sediment, and so far it appears to be holding. Is it common to find a pre-charge of 0, or would that mean that there is likely a failed air cell? I've ordered a new pressure gauge, and will drain...
  2. schmeckp

Short Cycling Well Pump

I'm relatively new to wells, but have been reading about short cycling, and noticed my pump is only running ~20-25 seconds to refill the pressure tank. I don't have a lot of knowledge about my system, but I've detailed out what I can gather from labels below. Should first step be to drain the...
  3. schmeckp

Bath Remodel-moving toilet & tub questions

I've decided on a false wall to shift the toilet and tub space a few inches to the left, which will clear the beam. Now I have a question around venting. As I look at the existing stack, the toilet drains past the current tub drain, which isn't vented by itself. Does the vent that is between...
  4. schmeckp

Unfortunately, relocating the whole 3in stack down through the exterior walls is probably more work than messing with the joists. Not to mention the window is slightly left of center, so its better balanced to have the cabinets on the left. Are there any toilets with side offsets I should look at?
  5. schmeckp

Just started a bath remodel that involves upsizing a tub (60"x30" to 72"x36"), removing a closet, and rotating a toilet into it's own space. Here is the old space - my dilemma is as we ripped open the floor, we found the joists running N-S instead of E-W as shown on the original plans...
  6. schmeckp

Kohler Steam Generator installation to reduce noise

I recently purchased a house that had a master bath remodel just 6 months back. On the surface, it looks like a quality job, but we started having some issues with the steam generator, which led me to find issues beneath the surface. I've corrected some of those issues (steam generator was...
  7. schmeckp

New Water Softener Programming

I just received my 80K Fleck 5810SXT based softener. We're on a well with 30 GPG hardness, and use around 175 -200 gal/day. The softener has 2.5cu ft of Purolite C100E Softening Resin. BLFC .25, DLFC 4.0, injector: red. I'd appreciate if you could provide ideal settings. Would prefer to...
  8. schmeckp

Fleck 7000SXT Carbon Filter - Extremely Loud Backwash & Rinse

Thanks for the quick reply. The button does face numbers down. BW is 10 min, RR is also 10 min. Currently setup to flush every 7 days. Perhaps I'll extend that to 10 days or so. I have someone home most of the time during the day, so would prefer to keep the flushing to nighttime - just...
  9. schmeckp

Fleck 7000SXT Carbon Filter - Extremely Loud Backwash & Rinse

I recently installed a whole house carbon filter, which consists of a 13x54 tank, 2.5 cu ft of GAC and a Fleck 7000SXT head. Everything appears to be functioning correctly except I'm surprised by the noise produced when running through the backwash and rapid rinse cycles. Because of the volume...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks