Search results

1. Joebif

Doing a creative watering setup and have some questions on this.

I have a greenhouse with Fish and plants in it. This is called Aquaponics. I am growing in a room seedlings and have a setup hooked up to my cold water standard pressure line. I have a tank with a float valve and when the tank gets low the float valve tell the cold water to fill up the 10...
  2. Joebif

Intermintant overload failure

This morning it tripped the overload in the control box and when I went into the well pit the pressure switch was closed or engaged. I did notice that there was a small space on one of the contacts on the white side of the pressure switch. I pressed the reset button and it tripped right away. I...
  3. Joebif

Two other related things have just come to my attention regarding the well pump. My tenant upstairs said that the guest bathroom toilet stopped filling the bowl about 1 to 1-1/2 weeks ago, about the same time my pump was tripping. I pulled the water line and had good pressure but the toilet...
  4. Joebif

Update and need help on Voltage question. I have been having a 220 deep well situation for several weeks now where my overload was tripping. It would trip sometimes every day. I went through all of the things Franklin told me to do as far as checking the pump via amperage readings and seeing if...
  5. Joebif

So should I open a water hydrant and put a amp meter on the yellow wire and then use the big flip switch circuit box in the pit to turn the pump off and on several times during a call for water? In my last test I did it turned on and off 3 times and I did not see any amperage changes at all.
  6. Joebif

I just had several water hydrants and hose bibs going full blast. Had them turn them off and on to give the pump a real workout. As that was being done I watched the yellow wire and I had a constant 11.44 to 11.46 on a real good digital meter. The pump ran perfect. I tried it several times to...
  7. Joebif

Plus a new storage tank because it has a slow leak. If I fill a horse tank with water and another tank I need filled today, which is about 300 gallons, then if your theory is correct the pump should get pretty warm and cycle a second,third or more times I would think. It should overload with...
  8. Joebif

Every once in a while I get a overload failure. I have a Franklan control box with a reset button on it. About a month ago it went and tripped so I started looking into what could be wrong. I have a submersible 1-1/2 hp pump 252 feet deep that is a Berkley about 30 years old. I first checked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks