Search results

1. ou1954

Hot water only in new house

San Diego- Lived there and in La Jolla for 50 years and retired back to Oklahoma in 2007. Sad that this cartridge has no brand name but I did find a replacement as mentioned. The vendor in New York is closed on weekends so I will contact them next week. It pains me to have to buy a whole new...
  2. ou1954

=================== jadnashua- Yes indeed. It has a free floading piston in the far back that moves from left to right. At least it's free floating now. Only problem is that I have lost one critical O-Ring (actually D shaped) as seen in the picture I have added. It's a precision piston...
  3. ou1954

Fixed (almost) and found model number. I decided the shut off valves work so took it out and got it apart and removed the scale and rust that was locking the spool. It now slides back and forth easily when you shake the assembly. No springs, it floats freely but is a precision fit in the...
  4. ou1954

Thanks- I have done a lot of searching on the web but can't find the model nunber. Maybe someone on this blog will recognize it. I will take the picture to Home Depot tomorrow but they have a lot of turnover in the plumbing dept. There is an old-style plumbing supply house near here and I...
  5. ou1954

Clearly multi-turn so 3-4 turns should supply some cold water. You can see what looks like two gaskets in the valve body. Check picture #2. It looks like the flats are intended to unscrew the front of the assembly, not sure what happens next. Where is the scald limiter? Why are there those...
  6. ou1954

I would have preferred "Home Run" PEX but the house was built between my survey visit here and our purchase and move here. From looking at homes built later by the same builder it's clear that the water lines are buried in the sand under the slab and more or less daisy chained. We never tested...
  7. ou1954

O.K., here's the deal- The clip I mentioned is only holding the turn limiter. My error in description. The valve itself is clearly opened by un-screwing the front half of the body with the flats on it. The left side screw clearly controls hot water because I can use it to turn off hot. The...
  8. ou1954

Hot hot hot from the start. I will try opening the screw on the right side that could be closed. I haven't touched it because I thought it was an adjustment.
  9. ou1954

Delta or Moen. Thanks Jimbo and John- Everything the house is indeed Delta but the bath sinks are two handle but same style as shower and tub. The kitchen has the handle style that lifts up and then L/R for temp. In any case I would take a guess that if the the right side screw on the...
  10. ou1954

I have three single handle faucets in this house. The one for the shower works fine. The one for the jacuzzi worked fine when the home was built in 2007 but is now very clogged. The third one serves a tub/shower has only given hot water since the house was built. I'm hoping the problem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks