Search results

1. Jakemembers

Shutoff valve access plate is stopping m

And, even if it's not, pry the damn thing off and replace it with something easier to get into. They're pretty cheap.
  2. Jakemembers

Can't find a Toro part

Well, I get to answer my own question. I saw some vague references to Lawn Genie being owned by Toro during my internet search. So, on a hunch, I went to the Home Depot and found a Lawn Genie valve that was identical except in color to the valve I have. And, this one, they had a replacement...
  3. Jakemembers

Can't find a Toro part

I have a Toro 3/4" jar-top anti-siphon valve, Model 53763 that is leaking at the top from the inlet side. I think I have a small hole in the diaphragm. My problem is I can't seem to find a repair kit or anything for this model. I'm in SoCal. I've searched myself blue on-line and am hoping...
  4. Jakemembers

Sweating / soldering copper tubing

I'll add my two cents that are actually the two cents of a master plumber I used to know. I always keep a damp rag handy for two reasons: 1. since the flux helps the solder flow, I wipe the excess off after heating the joint and before applying solder. We simply don't need a lot of solder...
  5. Jakemembers

Support for hose bib

That would definitely do the trick. But, we're already over budget and this looks like it would really hurt when my wife beats me with it. Also, here in Southern California, we're not concerned about freezing. Thanks for the input.
  6. Jakemembers

Support for hose bib

I'm installing some irrigation line and want to put in some additional hose bibs off of the main irrig. line. I'm planning to use copper for the hose bibs for strength and already read that where my PVC main irrig. line converts to copper I should ensure that the female connection is copper and...
  7. Jakemembers

Extra valves after re-pipe

My home was recently re-piped and the contractor installed an extra set of angle-stops under the kitchen sink. They didn't tell me they were going to and I didn't request them. I'm assuming they put them in to be nice so I could install a dishwasher in the future (even though, there's clearly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks