Search results

1. Key2013

Subfloor question for tiling a bathroom floor with heat mat under the tiles

Ok I will most likely go with ditra, I was hoping I could tile directly over the 1" plywood to keep costs down the contractor also keeps assuring me that it is solid. Any issues down the road and I will be the one to call tough, so for future reference there must be 2 layers of plywood even over...
  2. Key2013

Thanks for the info, I am just doing the setting the contractor has done the 1"plywood sub. The tiles are quite flat I have checked them and going with a "stacked pattern" compared to a brick or offset so should be ok. So you do recommend going with another underpayment? Would you recommend...
  3. Key2013

Hi guys thanks for the info, new to this board and had a question. Doing a main floor in 30" by 20" tiles in an older home from the 70's I believe. Joists then ship lap subfloor and then 1" ext plywood glued and screwed on top of that. Is this acceptable to tile on top of? Or should I be adding...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks