Search results

1. preppypyro

Pitless Adapter Question

We had a similar issue a few years ago at our own acreage. What happened is we didnt use a brass barbed fitting at the pitless, and yep, it cracked and caused the same symptoms. It also happened in january, and I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. It was fun to repair! Well easy to repair, just damn...
  2. preppypyro

4 Inch Well, Water Full of Sand, Ideas Welcome!

Hey guys, just wanted to update this. So what we ended up buying, was a 1 1/4x36 well point with 80 mesh. We put brass fittings to get to a 1 inch water line, and ran the line to our pitless adapter. On the inside of the cabin we installed a 1/2 convertible jet pump. Nothing special about...
  3. preppypyro

Outside of the well casing is 4 inch. Pit less adapter is the kind that "wrap around" thenough casing. I'm not sure of the technical name of it but it mounts on the outside of the casing, and has bolts that wrap around and a seal and you tighten it to the casing. Why it makes the pump harder to...
  4. preppypyro

I had no idea about installing another screen, thanks for mentioning that! I should have taken a picture of the casing, its not like the newer 4 inch wells, its a very narrow 4 inchs! Our 3.5 pump barely slides past where the pitless adapter is installed. And when I installed the pitless, I had...
  5. preppypyro

As for the check valve, I have no idea! If you guys think it would be a good idea, I would try it with one. Good point about the o-ring holding vacuum, I BELIEVE it should. I guess that is one thing I would find out pretty quick haha.
  6. preppypyro

I think the issue is more so that the non proper "screen" that was installed years ago, has finally failed, and from talking to others, it seems like lifting is just a temporary solution as the sand just replenish's itself quickly. We do have one of those twist clean dealios, but Im more...
  7. preppypyro

I forgot to mention... There was a neighbor that tried to airlift the sand out of their well, and they lifted 15 feet out of i understood correctly, and the next day it was back at the same point. We tried lifting the pump, but the water itself is very sandy. We started off lifting it 6...
  8. preppypyro

Hey there, I have a bit of an issue, i will try and explain everything the best I can, bear with me! So we bought a cabin a few years ago, and the water supply is a 4 inch black piped well, that was drilled years ago, and the pipe is a narrow 4 inchs. Our submersible pump is at a depth of 30...
  9. preppypyro

Water Line, and Pressure Tank Questions

Thanks for the tip. Ill look into the tank and tree when I change stuff around in the summer time for sure. I wonder why the place we bought all of our stuff from didnt mention that this was a cheap tank, and there was no mention of a tank tee. When we bought this stuff we had asked for the best...
  10. preppypyro

Thanks for the reply. The loop in the ground isnt vertical. As for the installation, that is my "slick" handi work haha. I know it looks terrible, and I appreciate you taking the polite route of asking to confirm before just slamming me :D Long story short, that setup was in a temporary...
  11. preppypyro

Type of pump? Submersible pump is a 3/4 berkly Three wire (control box) 3 wire with ground Wire Size unsure Wire Length approx 350 feet from house, 100 feet down well Size of Pump? Motor Horsepower? 3/4 Pump Model #unsure Date Pump Installed in november of 2007 Pumping from? Water Well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks