Search results

1. jreed

Culligan Brine tank float question

No, sorry I didn't word that right. Not sure what I was thinking. The top rubber piece should be at the max water height (to allow the float to slide up that high and shutting off flow) and the other slid to the bottom. Does that sound correct?
  2. jreed

Culligan Brine tank float question

Simple question about a culligan medallist brine tank float. It has the styrofoam float on a metal rod. On the top and bottom of the metal rod are rubber pieces that slide. Should the stryofroam float be positioned and those rubber pieces slid tight against to keep it stationary?
  3. jreed

Opinions on Watersoft Provectr iron filters?

I recieved a recommendation today of a Watersoft Provectr iron filter to remove my iron. Anyone have experience with these and can give me a rundown?
  4. jreed

Replacing Culligan Super S

By the way, I got my iron reading...it is 4.5.
  5. jreed

Hey, thanks for taking th time to reply! I don't believe we have a sulfur smell. As far as I can remember iron and a slight amount of manganese was my main issue. I don't have the exact iron reading but someone is coming in a couple of days to test my water. What I can say is that it's...
  6. jreed

So Im tired of messing with my Culligan Super S. It needs re-bedded, a new seal pack, and some other things. Ive called around and have some people coming to give me estimates and test my water. From previous paperwork I have a ph of 6.4 and hardness of just over 3. My current setup...
  7. jreed

Air discharge in water

Ive been battling this issue for a while and it seems to come and go. We are getting air discharge in our water lines. The culligan water softener and iron filter we have are ruled out as the culprit. When I connect a hose to the outlet at my well xtrol pressure tank I get the air so it seems...
  8. jreed

Air in water line

As it turns out, I was checking the air injection check valve instead of the air relief solenoid. I pulled the air relief solenoid off and cleaned and that seem to do the trick. One more question, I have a culligan medalist that seemed to lose a fair amount of resin through the backwash a few...
  9. jreed

Air in water line

Thanks, I referred back to that thread and posted again. I realized that I may have been checking the wrong part and ruled out the filter wrongly.
  10. jreed

Culligan Super S - air in water lines

I am revisiting this thread because Im still having issues. I feel like the super s is the source of my problems. The air pressure builds up and really releases on backwash. What I realize is that the part I was checking was the wrong check valve. Looking at the attached pic, which part is...
  11. jreed

Air in water line

It is a super s iron filter that does use a pump. Is there any way to diagnose that myself or is it time to call the culligan man?
  12. jreed

Air in water line

This Is an xtrol tank with a bladder. Is it in the water line where the gauge is?
  13. jreed

Air in water line

My water system in my house has many components. I'm n a well and have the pressure tank, then a culligan iron filter, and the a water softener. Lately I've been getting a lot of air in my water. When I run a back flush on the iron filter (the first component after the pressure tank), it...
  14. jreed

Ductwork for wood burning furnace

I am looking at something similar to this to heat my house: http://www.heatredefined.com/englander/stove/englander-3000-sq-ft-add-on-wood-furnace I have no existing duct work and a wide open basement. Would this be a feasible unit to heat a small ranch house and could the duct work be done...
  15. jreed

Basement finishing - stud estimation

I am getting ready to frame up a few rooms in my open basement. The first will involve 2 wall, a 10' wall with a door and a 17' wall. Is there a rule of thumb for estimating lumber needs for such a project?
  16. jreed

Softener resin tank does fill up

i have a culligan medalist softener. I noticed the other day that I could hear the water running into it. When I checked it was only about half full of water. After I got home from work today I looked again and it was the same....no water had been used for About 8 hours. Is this normal or...
  17. jreed

Just curious, what would be a good replacement for a super s?
  18. jreed

Where is the air relief solenoid on this unit?
  19. jreed

I have a Culligan Super S iron filter, along with a Medallist softener. Lately I have noticed a lot of air in my water lines and also it seems as though there is a lot of air when the backflush runs at night. when the backflush initially starts, air comes out before water. Any idea what...
  20. jreed

Lawn is always wet...need some advice.

Below are some pics of my house. My front yard is constantly wet and has ruined my sidewalk so Id like to add some drainage. During rain I get a lot of water from the upper side of my house. In addition to that, my driveway is a fairly steep downhill so water tends to drain towards the house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks