Search results

1. wandererfan

No Vent. How Serious?

The ensuite is not original to the house so repurposing the bottom part of the cut pipe is definitely a possibility. I would bet that there is no vent. SWMBO has the ensuite on her rehab list, so I guess we'll find out about the vent went we open the walls (when it's a little warmer). Thanks...
  2. wandererfan

No Vent. How Serious?

Photos should be attached. The cut-off bit is disappearing into an exterior wall below the master bedroom. The horizontal run to the left is coming from the ensuite vanity. There is a vent pipe in the attic that goes through the roof above the master bedroom. There are fixtures in...
  3. wandererfan

No Vent. How Serious?

We recently moved into a resale house. It is on a septic system (a first for us). The drains seem to work ok, except that the toilets "burp" a bit sometimes when flushed. While rummaging in the basement the other day, I discovered that the vent pipe going up to the roof had been cut off...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks