Search results

1. bioran

Water Softener Drain Line

The barrel solution has been working, but it does seem like an accident waiting to happen if the pump goes so I'm just looking at it as temporary for now. Gary, I would like to try the solution you offered above. The barb for the drain is definitely intended for a 3/8" ID - I double checked...
  2. bioran

I have well water, so once the power goes out everything is off (well pump, softener, sump pump) and that should not be an issue. I had already tried the design so that the drain wont freeze but the softener seems to hold water in the drain line (like keeping your finger on a straw).
  3. bioran

Thought I would follow up on what I did. I ended up using the drain into a barrel approach. The drain is running into the 32 gallon barrel and I have a small submersible sump pump with float running through a pex line up to the laundry drain. As I watched the system go through the discharge...
  4. bioran

I tried option 1 of hooking up to the washer drain and ran 2 regeneration cycles and both times it has left about 9 inches of water in the salt storage tank. Typically there are only 2 or 3 inches left after a regeneration. I'm not sure what that is an indication of, but the water at the tap...
  5. bioran

I have a Kenmore 370 Softener with a drain line that runs outside. Every winter I battle it freezing and need to do something this year to fix that. The softener is in the basement. I don't have any drains in the basement and I have a radon system so I don't want to cut into the floor to create...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks