Search results

1. rosem637

Need Basement bathroom Rough-In advice. Pics included.

Just call your local building inspector and him them come over. They will provide you the proper answer. Case closed
  2. rosem637

Yet another basement rough-in

Wouldnt it be better to move that 3x2 Wye a few inches down and flip it on the other side and drain the sink into it as shown by the red line? And do similar with the shower drain instead of like cacher said all those bends??
  3. rosem637

Yet another basement rough-in

Will the top-side of the san-t for the lav be the only vent for this bath group?
  4. rosem637

Help connecting drain line to a vent inside a floor joint

Then make sure the vent does not go horizontal until 6" above the flood level of the drain being serviced. Any horizontal runs of the vent should be pitched back so that any water accumulating inside the vent drains back toward the drain.
  5. rosem637

Basement bathroom--use shower vent for toilet

On your lav and laundry how high is the vent on the laundry before it goes horizontal and why are the studs on the "back" wall turned with their face out and not the edge. How do you plane to drywall with them like that?
  6. rosem637

Drain for new toilet

The vent at this location will not do much to vent the toilet
  7. rosem637

The Fight in the Big Lights! Richard Sherman. Superbowl 2014

Hate to say it but your Seabirds are going down Sunday
  8. rosem637

Making an old cleanout into a new drain

I am not a plumber. The info you quoted was interesting. I have never notice that the tap on top the DFC does sit below the the top of the horizontal lines that would connect to it. I think that Double Fixture Cross, Double San-T's and Double Wye Combos are the most difficult to understand...
  9. rosem637

Yes, but the change of direction has to be a vertical drain to a horizontal drain or a horizontal drain to a horizontal drain. Using a Wye-combo to go from horizontal to vertical in a no.
  10. rosem637

The diagram was used as an illustration to show that A Wye is not the proper fitting for going from horizontal to vertical. Not an actual stack with a combo and a san-t stacked on top each other
  11. rosem637

A Wye is not the proper fitting for going from horizontal to vertical. Like cacher pointed out, a San-T is the way to go.
  12. rosem637

New Furnace

Whichever one they can get at least cost to them and sell to you at top dollar.
  13. rosem637

What to do with wires when installing light switches/plugs

Seeing is believing. Side wired you can see. Back wired you cannot. Stop drinking the kool-aid. Side wired is more secure. This is my point only. Side wired is more secured. I can deviate back-wired connection with about 45 lbs of force. With the same forc the side wired connection is...
  14. rosem637

What to do with wires when installing light switches/plugs

The back wired way has that tensioned piece of metal that holds pressure against the wire. This keeps the wire in place and from falling back out of the receptacle but it doesn't keep the wire from turning in the terminal hole. If it can turn it is not secure. The proper way to make connections...
  15. rosem637

Drain layout help

I would say neither since you have not indicated how the toilet and bath will be vented
  16. rosem637

Main Floor Washer/Sink plumbing setup question

#2 and #3 have no merit. Im going to say Outlet has GFI breaker. No functional reason to relocate vent for standpipe just because you say you would.
  17. rosem637

Outdoor fan, switch and receptacles

ANy thoughts on if this arrangement would function or would it cause the GFI to trip? The duplex, which is shown at ceiling level, will have both halves switch controlled. Thanks
  18. rosem637

Maybe you have have wet location fans both in and out. Hopefully. Chapter 1 Definitions Location, Damp. Locations protected from weather and not subject to saturation with water or other liquids but subject to moderate degrees of moisture. Examples of such locations include partially...
  19. rosem637

The underside of the porch roof will be, at LEAST, a damp location, it's NOT permissible to use boxes listed for dry locations.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks