Search results

1. 4thGenerationPlumber

Toilet tank wobble

The Toto toilets that i've installed do not have the rubber spacers and yes, many times the toilets that i've seen crack as well are the ones that are too tight and have no wiggle room if pressure is pushed against.
  2. 4thGenerationPlumber

Toilet tank wobble

Do you have a picture of the Oval tank? I've only had issues with one old toilet tank where the porcelain was almost too thick for the clip. Let me see what you're dealing with. John
  3. 4thGenerationPlumber

TOTO Nexus tank wobbles...

The tank truss product that i'm showing here is actually something that we fully endorse at our shop - We've seen up to a 1 million dollar insurance claim from someone leaning on the back and cracking the tank. They left town, and flooded their mansion. Granted not everyone needs this but we...
  4. 4thGenerationPlumber

Wobbly leaky Toto toilet tank

This is still a 12" rough in toilet. The manufacturers make the toilets universal these days. So a real 12" rough in will have a 1.5"-2" gap from the tank to the wall if the flange is a true 12" from the wall. We use a product to stabilize the toilet tank and by filling the wall gap. It's...
  5. 4thGenerationPlumber

Toto tank loose and wobbly after pro install

Do Not Over tighten!!! 1"-2" is way too much wobble but just make sure not to over tighten.
  6. 4thGenerationPlumber

American Standard Champion 4 toilet review and pictures

We use mostly Kohler at our shop. I'm not a big fan of the AmStan products currently.
  7. 4thGenerationPlumber

Toto Drake tank wobble

Really with the three point system you shouldn't have an issue with locking. Usually that will occur with the 2 bolts. I would say that you may have the wrong gasket size in the middle. Rock should not occur with the 3 bolt system.
  8. 4thGenerationPlumber

Toto Drake tank wobble

DO NOT OVER TiGHTEN!!! Over tightening will cause the toilet to crack. At our shop we use a toilet tank stabilizer by a the tank truss. It's the only product I know of that will stop the wobble. Otherwise you can put shims and boards behind the wall (cumbersome). We swear by this product...
  9. 4thGenerationPlumber

Toto Vespin tank supposed to be loose?

You do not want to over tighten. If it already feels "snug" then either the wrong gasket was used or the toilet design is just this way. As seen in the other posts regarding this issue we use a tank stabilizer by tank truss to solve this.
  10. 4thGenerationPlumber

TOTO Nexus tank wobbles...

Hi Brian, The only product we've found at our shop to fill this gap is the toilet tank stabilizer by tank truss. Before this we had been making things up to put behind the tank and filling the gap. The product is affordable and simple to install. John - Roger Vadnais Plumbing & Heating
  11. 4thGenerationPlumber

Toilet tank wobble

Hello, I'm a 4th Generation Plumber and we've finally found a useful product to stop this rocking issue and stabilize the toilet tank. It's called a toilet tank stabilizer by TankTruss. It's mandatory at our shop to install the product on EVERY toilet we install or fix and we rely on it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks