Search results

1. V

Sump pumps - how often should they run?

Hi, all, I wrote here before with sump pump issues and now things are more defined so I thought I'd write back. We moved into a new home last July in Gettysburg, PA which supposedly has a high water table. Our sump pump after a heavy rain will run every 30 seconds and run for about 3...
  2. V

sump pump check valve question

Well, the pump keeps running so I'm guessing that means the water's rising. There's water coming out of the pump outlet outside, but I just didn't think I should hear water running back down the pipe.
  3. V

sump pump check valve question

Hi, all, When my sump pump runs, it shoots the water up and out and then I hear a steady trickling sound of water coming back down the pipe through and below where a check valve is installed. I thought check valves were meant to not allow any water to run back down into the sump pit. Am I...
  4. V

sump pump constantly running

But, is every 30 seconds ridiculous, or it is just me? How long should a pump last and at this rate of use, will it burn out much faster?
  5. V

sump pump constantly running

Hi, We just moved into a new house six months ago, brand-new construction. We live in an area with a high-water table and were told that water could be a problem from other neighbors. Well, we had two sumps put in, one a battery backup. When it rains, our primary pump will run as often...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks