Search results

1. traderyoda

Filox Iron Filter Installation Question

Bob999 - I see your points. The 80 seconds I measured (before really addressing the need to adjust the pressure tank per Gary Slusser's recommendation) was from pump off to pump on. When I get back over there I'm going to properly adjust the pressure tank, redo my calculations, and see how it...
  2. traderyoda

Bob999... apologies, I was a little sloppy with the numbers and my explanation - I was going off the actual pressure gage on the tank and the actual tank capacity. I haven't adjusted the pressure tank properly so the pressure differential is closer to 27 psi than the 20 psi recommended by Gary...
  3. traderyoda

The pressure rating I quoted (18GPM) was based on the well pumps performance chart for a 60ft. lift... I don't necessarily believe it, but the pump's advertised capacity suggests it should be enough to work with this iron filter. It does seem to put it out! There is a spigot on the pressure...
  4. traderyoda

First off - thanks for the help with this - it was timely and right on point! I checked on the well pump and it's a 1.5hp Red Jacket 20G which is listed as pumping around 18GPM. I didn't check the actual flowrate because the spigots are on 1/2" lines. Pressure and flowrate don't seem to be a...
  5. traderyoda

Terrific Dittohead. I'll hook everything up as you suggest tomorrow and report back. The pressure tank cycles between 35-65psi, so the pressure should be ample. For some reason iron filters are an oddity in this area (Chesapeake Bay). Most homes have iron in the well, but the common rule is...
  6. traderyoda

Wow dittohead... that's a great response. I did see the temperature sensitivity to the backwash flowrate (substantially different), but this is a very deep well and the water temperature doesn't vary that much year round. I'll bump up the flowrate to 15 GPM per your recommendation and set the...
  7. traderyoda

This is in regard to the installation of a Fleck 7000SXT on a 12x52 tank whole house iron filter with Filox. The tank area is .78SF and I believe the recommended flowrate is 15GPM per SF, so I've set it up with a 1" backwash line and a Drain Line Flow Control button set at 12GPM with a daily...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks