Search results

1. poky1234

3 Floor drains, 1 trap

Hello , Would like some advice for installing floor drains. I would like to install 3 inch floor drains in 3 different rooms. Can I tie the three floor drains to 1 trap? 3 Rooms border each other and are small. Total length of 3 rooms is 18 feet. Total width of 3 rooms is 6 feet. I'm in...
  2. poky1234

Venting for toilet

Hello, I need some advice on venting a toilet. I have 2 toilets connecting into the main 4 inch drain. One is within 5 feet of the 3 inch vent stack which I believe is ok. The other is 16 feet from the 3 inch vent stack. I have a 2 inch branch drain connecting into the 3 inch vertical drain of...
  3. poky1234

PEX home run manifold system shut off valves

Hello, I have question about PEX manifold systems. The ones I have seen have individual shut off valves going to each fixture. Is this necessary if you have a shut off at the fixture? Could you possibly have one shut off on the 3/4 line feeding the manifold instead? Thanks
  4. poky1234

New Branch Line

Hello, I would like to install a new sink for a wet bar. The distance from the sink to the 3/4 main line is 30 feet. Can a 1/2 inch pex branch line run this far? Also the 1/2 inch branch line would run along side a 5 inch duct pipe supplying heat to one room . Is it ok for the 1/2 inch pex to...
  5. poky1234

Modified Home Run Pex Water Distribution System

Hello, Iam restoring a century home and I am replacing all the old plumbing system. I am trying to decide between a Home Run System or a Modified Home Run System. The house is 2 story. I want to use the Modified Home Run System and use sub manifolds. If I were to run to the second floor to...
  6. poky1234

Washroom in floating boathouse

Hello, I have constructed a floating boathouse in Ontario Canada. It is to have a small ,2 piece washroom in the cabin on top. (see pic). The lower part of the boathouse is completely open, much like a car port. There is to be a lav and wall mount toilet. The wall mount toilet was used so...
  7. poky1234

Minimum drain pipe size for a lav

Hello, Can someone tell me if an 1 1/4 pipe can be used to drain a lav? The drain pipe would run 4 to 5 feet ,then connect into the vertical 3 inch main waste stack. Also , because of the short distance,would it still require its own vent? Thanks
  8. poky1234

short radius 90 degree elbow under toilet

Hello, I would like to know, if by Canadian code, a 3 inch short radius 90 degree elbow can be used under a toilet. If I use a long sweep 90 or 2 45's it sticks out above the floor too far. Thanks.
  9. poky1234

Wall mount toilet.

Hello, I live in Ontario Canada and would like to install a wall mount toilet. My question is, can the 3 inch drain line coming off the back of the wall mount toilet turn horizontal as soon as it comes off the back of the toilet? The 3 inch waste line would run about 6 feet before it turned...
  10. poky1234

2 water closets back to back

Hello, Iam planning a reno in a 2 storey century home. I am located in Ontario Canada and would like to get advice regarding installation of 2 water closets back to back on the 2nd floor , vented by the 3 inch stack vent. I have provided a diagram. Both toilets would be 12 inches away from...
  11. poky1234

What type of DWV PIPE used in Canada

Hi , I am going to do a small washroom reno and was wondering what type of 3 inch DWV pipe should be used in the DWV system above the basement concrete floor, ABS OR PVC . I have 4 inch PVC under the concrete. Located in Ontario, Canada. Thanks,
  12. poky1234

Adding basement washroom

Hello, I want to add a basement washroom to my home. I would like to include a toilet, shower and lav. I would like to wet vet the group. I know that typically the wet vent runs up through the lav but I have no wall to hide the vertical vent pipe as the lav will be facing a granite stone...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks