Search results

1. Mathelo

Seeking Well Water Treatment Recommendations - Water Softener and more

I've been in the same house in Connecticut with the same well for many years and haven't take my well water quality seriously until very recently. I'm spurred into action by what I believe is an iron bacteria problem - red slime on whole house filter - and red stains on sinks, tubs, toilets...
  2. Mathelo

Soldering No Lead Brass Question

I have a ProPex no lead 3/4" brass fitting that I'd like to solder to no lead 3/4" cast copper elbow. Both of these pieces are heavy guage and I'm wondering if I'm just asking for trouble. Would I be better off with a piece of copper pipe in between? Thanks!
  3. Mathelo

Rough-in Side Wall Before or After Installing Alcove Tub

I'm remodeling our hallway bath and I've gutted it to the studs including removing the partition wall for the alcove tub. It seems to me it would be easier to install my new cast iron tub (400 lbs) before I install this partition wall. This is the wall that the plumbing fixtures will be...
  4. Mathelo

Do I have a leak? Pressure lost on PEX Test

I've been pressure testing my PEX rough in over the last few days and I can only assume that I have a leak but I wanted to confirm before considering next steps. I'm using one of these http://www.pascospecialty.com/catalog/PASCO_CATALOG_F.pdf to check the pressure and I followed Uponor's...
  5. Mathelo

Cello Fittings? Any opinions?

I'm looking to place a decent size order with pexsup*** for PEX and related bits. On all the PEX related materials I'm going with Uponor but I'll still require a few copper / brass fittings for tying into valves and copper pipe. The primary brand they carry is Cello, which is made in Canada...
  6. Mathelo

Tub Drain & Overflow Styles

I have noticed that there are generally two styles of tub D&Os. The most common puts the p-trap under the overflow pipe and the less common has the p-trap directly under the drain. I've included two images to illustrate my words if they aren't clear. p-trap under overflow pipe: p-trap...
  7. Mathelo

Need PEX Plumbing Advice for Bath Remodel

I'm doing a complete remodel of our hallway bath on the second floor. When done, I'll move on to the master bath. This house is 50 years old and I'm on well water and the main line is 3/4". I've ripped out everything to the studs and floor joists including the existing copper plumbing. I'm...
  8. Mathelo

LSP Pull Stop Box Recommendations?

Any experience with these? I considering for powder room remodel where I need to redo the plumbing. Pull Stop Box https://www.lspproducts.com/product-category/aquaflo/pull-stop-boxes/ Louis
  9. Mathelo

Damaged Toilet Drain Pipe

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm renovating a powder room. The biggest part of the job is removing and replacing the tile floor / sub-floor. This also means I had to remove the toilet flange. In the process of removing the flange I damaged the drain pipe. Not sure it could be avoided as it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks