Search results

1. chessimprov

Stain on ceramic? sink

Update: It looks like the ceramic cleaner scratched the sink now although it did work :(
  2. chessimprov

Toilet clogged - snake won't go down all the way

You could try something like this cleaning "bathroom bomb"- just make sure not to throw the muffin liner itself in the toilet. https://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/no-plunger-needed-7-easier-ways-to-clear-a-clog-49465#:~:text=If%20your%20toilet%20bowl%20is,up%20and%20loosen%20the%20clog. "Create...
  3. chessimprov

Toilet won't stop running water

Just thought I'd give you all an update. So I ended up trying to replace the gasket, and since I had to replace the gasket by lifting the top of the toilet from the base, I decided to replace the fill valve as well. The big screws that hold the top from the bottom were rotting away. One, I...
  4. chessimprov

Hey Terry, thank you for your reply! I cut the tube. That seems to have helped. But I still have the same problem. The bowl will only fill up a little bit more. Then it seems to get leaky again. Did I not cut the tube enough, need to try replacing the inside pump, or something else?
  5. chessimprov

When I flush the toilet, sometimes it seems like the tank is not filling back up unless I shut off the main valve and then turn it on later on. Not sure what is going on. I wonder if the pipe once I flush is slightly clogged up too and I don't know if that'd have an affect on the other parts...
  6. chessimprov

I'm quite the amateur at this. I replaced the flapper. I still seem to be having a problem of the tank no longer filling up with water. The pump still pumps out water, but I don't see where the water is going. I could replace the pump, which may or may not be possible. I could try to take...
  7. chessimprov

Stain on ceramic? sink

A relative told me that if I try to scrub with a toothbrush or a scour pad that it would leave scratch marks on the ceramic. Another friend told me there is ceramic cleaner. So, I finally tried that today and that seems to have slowly worked. The ceramic cleaner I got also seem to help clean...
  8. chessimprov

Stain on ceramic? sink

I do not have a well. I don't think anything rusted in that area, but I could be wrong. I suspect it's a food/sauce stain that I didn't get a chance to clean up sooner for awhile.
  9. chessimprov

Stain on ceramic? sink

How would I clean this stain on this ceramic (?) sink? Thank you.
  10. chessimprov

Good home construction inquiry

How do you know what construction developers offer good construction and which one(s) do not in an area? If this is not the forum for this kind of question, then do you have any suggestions of a good forum? Specifically for me, Philadelphia and surrounding areas. I've heard from several people...
  11. chessimprov

Crack in wall of laundry room

So I guess whether the house has drywall or not is not a factor and I can just use the spackle and latex paint mentioned earlier? Sorry, I have absolutely no sense of what's what and I just feel like I am pulled all over the place. I don't even know what spackle is besides that I need it or...
  12. chessimprov

I read from a book called Adulting ( https://www.amazon.com/Adulting-Become-Grown-up-Easy-Steps/dp/153872913X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528132447&sr=8-1&keywords=adulting&dpID=51bulsUqEGL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch ) something about how one has to consider whether they have dry...
  13. chessimprov

I'm not sure where to put this or if I need to look for another forum for this. If I need to look for another forum, any suggestions? By observation, the crack(s) in this wall seem to have been created mainly from this shelving being improperly hooked on for over 9 years. How do I go about...
  14. chessimprov

Foam outlet for heat loss.

A local electrician told me to use them for covering up air drafts. I think they helped a little. It's not so easy for me to consider adding insulation within the walls as where I live is under an HOA.
  15. chessimprov

Or someone's mouth that needed soap in it :eek:
  16. chessimprov

Having a generator inquiry

I don't think I'm on an on-peak cycle currently. A generator would be helpful for my usage of a cpap machine mainly, but could be useful for the refrigerator, cell phone, and less importantly, using the TV or computer. I've heard from a friend that the generator she has produces carbon...
  17. chessimprov

That's exactly what a foam outlet is. :)
  18. chessimprov

Does it matter which side of a foam outlet you put where in order to minimize the amount of heat one loses by the outlet?
  19. chessimprov

Having a generator inquiry

I know nothing about having an electric generator. I live in a community association that does not allow for a permanent generator (unless doctor's orders and that a portable generator would not suffice.) How would I go about buying a portable generator? What do I have to be aware of for...
  20. chessimprov

Gassy? smell leak question

If I'm not keeping up with cleaning my HVAC filter, could the gas line get clogged up, and then rupture the pipe as a result of not keeping up with the cleaning of the filter?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks