Search results

1. jmoser

Pressure Switch Questions

1--why is there a 20 psi range with a pressure switch? Would it be a problem to adjust my pressure to a 30 psi range (ie, 30-60psi?) 2--I have a 30-50 psi switch, but it is adjustable. When I had the well service, they offered a 40-60 switch but I just kept the 30-50. What if I adjusted the...
  2. jmoser

Frequent Cycling, frequent reset switch tripping

My well pump is frequently tripping. I hope I am using the right names of the parts as I try to describe this. When it trips, I find the tank is totally empty, and there is no water running in the house. I can restart the pump by using the reset button on the bottom of the control box. I noticed...
  3. jmoser

TPR Valve--can I use flexible copper tubing?

I am replacing my 1999 40gal NG WH, and its located in a closet. I'm trying to plan how the new tank will fit. the biggest challenge is going to be that the new TPR valve will be higher from the ground than the one on my old tank. So connecting the new TPR to the existing pipe isn't going to...
  4. jmoser

charging waterlogged galvanized tank using air compressor

Sorry, can't seem to find this thread. Need to add air to my waterlogged galvanized tank. Prefer to use compressor rather than empty the tank. IRC, the procedure is: turn off power to the pump open a spigot at the schrader valve, add air to about ? 28# of pressure? (I have an 80gal tank)...
  5. jmoser

Is bigger better in my overflow tank?

I'm replacing my old 80 gal galvanized tank for my submersible pump well system. I'm thinking to buy the biggest welXtrol tank I can afford. My houselhold needs are small, with only 3 adults living in my home. But I water a little less than 2 acres using hoses s and sprinklers, which I do not...
  6. jmoser

more money than cents and tank size

i need to replace my tank a few months ago. long story as to why i'm just not asking the 2 local well companies. well is 140' deep, pump at 124'. 1.5hp pump, 4" casing. Old big galvanized tank, ?80gallons iirc, 12gpm using the "time how long to filla 5 gal bucket" method thru a spigot. Live on 5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks